MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help/advice on changing my program Jasonn First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-21-2012 11:47 PM
OSAP Address changing help! Abhimint Financial Aid 1 04-26-2012 09:43 PM
osap program help darkendice Financial Aid 1 06-22-2011 01:02 PM
Changing OSAP MacPack Financial Aid 2 07-25-2010 02:58 PM
OSAP Help - Can't Find My Program Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-10-2010 06:45 PM

OSAP - Changing program

Old 07-27-2012 at 09:55 AM   #1
canadianvpk

Liked: 1 Time

OSAP - Changing program
Hello Guys, Currently I am registered to Eng I and registered courses and got the OSAP approved. Does any one how OSAP eligibility will work if I change to a different program(i.e. B Tech) at this point in time ?. Do I have to do a separate application or my other one will suffice?.

Any help will be great.

Thanks,

Pradeep
Old 07-27-2012 at 10:09 AM   #2
Driftking24

Liked: 0 Times

I registered for Hon. Life Science II (and applied for OSAP with it) and switched to Hon. Biochemistry II. I [email protected] ca (Financial Aid and Scholarship Office) telling them about the switch, and they changed my program to Biochem on the OSAP application. I didn't have to start another application.

I'm not 100% sure if they can do this for any program, or only for programs that are similar, but I would contact them about it first. Be sure to include your name and student number in the email.
Old 07-27-2012 at 10:35 AM   #3
canadianvpk

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks, at what time of the year you did this change ?. Is this when you applied for year I ?.
Old 07-27-2012 at 10:48 AM   #4
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Go under MUGSI > My MUGSI > Financial Aid > OSAP and Government Assistance and check to see if the Financial Aid office has your OSAP on file.

If they do, you should be able to change your program by simply emailing [email protected]
Old 07-27-2012 at 11:11 AM   #5
Driftking24

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianvpk View Post
Thanks, at what time of the year you did this change ?. Is this when you applied for year I ?.
I did this last month, when I applied for a second year program. It shouldn't really make a difference what year you're applying for, since the application process is the same. But yeah, send them an email and they should be able to change the program for you like Watoko said above me.
Old 07-27-2012 at 12:00 PM   #6
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

Do as stated above but don't worry too much the only real change in your OSAP will be due to how much McMaster reports your tuition fees to be as every program has slightly different tuition. You might get a bit less OSAP as I think B.Tech should be cheaper than Engineering, but it's not a huge difference if any.