Course Selection Confusion Flintstone Academics 1 06-14-2010 04:49 AM
Electives Confusion!!! ishk33 Academics 6 07-01-2008 09:27 PM
Course Picking & Confusion Sync Academics 2 05-12-2008 10:50 AM

OSAP Confusion !?

Old 01-18-2009 at 05:44 PM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP Confusion !?
Hey guys quick question, i am supposed to recieve OSAP money for this semester but haven't gotten it yet.

I went to go pick up last semester when it came out but for some reason was under the assumption the next amount, which was to be recieved starting January 5th will automatically be put in my bank account.

That being said, do i have to go back to the student centre and fill out all that paper work again because i have not done so for the 2nd amount, and if so, where do i go and are they still doing it because im unaware of the deadline.

Help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-18-2009 at 06:22 PM   #2
KaesoPublius
SRA Member

Liked: 1 Time

Hi there,

You need to sign off on the second half, almost like the first half. You need the same things, ID and banking information. OSAP stuff was being handled in CIBC Hall (third floor in the student centre)

Now... I believe the deadline was this past Friday, but I've heard rumours that the deadline was extended, perhaps someone can corroborate that.
Old 01-18-2009 at 06:24 PM   #3
Chris L

Yup, the deadline was extended until next Friday (23rd of January).
Old 01-18-2009 at 07:47 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Whenever money is released to you, you have to fill out paperwork for it. They need it for their records.

Also, whenever you make changes to your course load, your income, etc you need to go to the Student Financial Aid office and fill out a form. You have to keep them up to date with what you're doing or you might just find yourself in a load of crap with the government... which is never good.

Old 01-18-2009 at 07:47 PM   #5
Ruggedman

ok thanks for the help! at what hours can i go to sign off the 2nd half?
Old 01-18-2009 at 07:50 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

If they're still doing it in the Student Center then the times were between 9am-4pm but if they're doing it in the Student Financial Aid office (GH) then it will be 9-12 and 1-4.

Old 01-18-2009 at 08:24 PM   #7
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

They are still doing it at the MUSC 3rd floor at the times already stated by above. The deadline has been extended to next Fri Jan 23. After that time, you will have to go to the Financial Aid Office.
Old 01-23-2009 at 02:47 PM   #8
aetang

you can still pick up osap after today ? (friday jan23)
Old 01-23-2009 at 03:30 PM   #9
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

aetang, is that a question or a statement with a question mark at the end?

Yes, you can still pick up OSAP after today.