osap deadline july 15h shannonkim Financial Aid 2 07-15-2010 09:31 AM
deadline for osap Skye Financial Aid 6 07-06-2010 02:26 PM
OSAP deadline dkehfdk Financial Aid 2 01-09-2010 10:00 AM

OSAP deadline

Old 06-16-2013 at 12:14 AM   #1
daftypatty

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP deadline
Hey guys, I was wondering exactly when the OSAP deadline is? I already submitted the online application but I've yet to mail the rest of the forms, I'm not too late right? :/
Old 06-16-2013 at 12:27 AM   #2
user9753
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 13 Times

6. Is there a deadline to apply for OSAP?

The deadline for OSAP application is 90 days prior to the end of your academic year. For first time applicants starting school in September, we recommend that you apply by June to ensure that your OSAP entitlement is ready for you to pick up when you start school in September.

Source: http://www.dc-uoit.ca/EN/main/financialaid/133951.html

A more recent source says application should be 60 days before end of study period for full time students while supporting documentation should be provided 40 days before the study period ends.

Source: http://www.ontario.ca/education-and-...ine-apply-osap

You should apply as early as possible in my opinion, you'll feel more secure because your funding will be ready around the start of the first term.
Old 06-17-2013 at 10:16 PM   #3
daftypatty

Liked: 0 Times

Can you assign the MFSAA to your parent's bank account and not mine? Did anyone else do this?
Old 06-17-2013 at 10:36 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftypatty View Post
Can you assign the MFSAA to your parent's bank account and not mine? Did anyone else do this?
Why would you need to do this? And there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to.
Old 06-17-2013 at 11:28 PM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Got a mail today, says the dead line is July 16th.
Old 06-17-2013 at 11:39 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
Got a mail today, says the dead line is July 16th.
That's just the deadline to receive funding by a certain date (I believe sometime in Sept). The final deadline is 60 days before the end of your study period, as was stated previously.
Old 06-17-2013 at 11:44 PM   #7
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Just got second mail from OSAP. It says there in big letters.

Quote:
The recommended date to apply for OSAP and submit your supporting documentation is no later than July 15, 2013. It takes 4-6 weeks to process your OSAP application.
Remember, hes asking about sending papers to OSAP, not getting OSAP.
Old 06-17-2013 at 11:59 PM   #8
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:

I know. That's the deadline to apply so that you get it by whatever the date is in September. Notice how it says "recommended date" and not "deadline".

If you want OSAP but don't much care when you get it (or if your financial situation changes and you end up needing it later on), you can still apply up to 60 days before the end of your study period, and send in papers 40 days before the study period ends (as was stated previously).
Old 06-18-2013 at 12:00 AM   #9
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:

it says 'recommended' deadline. technically you can apply for osap anytime as long as it's 60 days before the end of your study period as everyone above said. but the earlier you apply the earlier you will get your funding. OP since you're already done your application, might as well do the MSFAA forms as soon as you can and get it over with!