OSAP & Job feonateresa Financial Aid 9 08-17-2010 09:23 PM
Osap vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-22-2010 08:55 PM

OSAP help?

Old 08-09-2010 at 09:13 PM   #1
jochanny

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP help?
Hi,
something was wrong with my osap application and thus it is just being reprocessed.
I have been told that it takes 4 weeks to get a new funding certificate...which at the quickest will be mid-Sept.

When is the Student accounts office expecting the OSAP money?
Is the OSAP money going to go directly to the Mcmaster account?
I chose payment in full, which has deducted the expected OSAP amount.
If my OSAP money comes late (or even not at all because it is being processed so late)
will I be charged interest or what not?
If I don't get my OSAP funding certificate, will I be able to pay the outstanding fees without penalty?

Old 08-09-2010 at 09:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochanny View Post
Hi,
something was wrong with my osap application and thus it is just being reprocessed.
I have been told that it takes 4 weeks to get a new funding certificate...which at the quickest will be mid-Sept.

When is the Student accounts office expecting the OSAP money?
Is the OSAP money going to go directly to the Mcmaster account?
I chose payment in full, which has deducted the expected OSAP amount.
If my OSAP money comes late (or even not at all because it is being processed so late)
will I be charged interest or what not?
If I don't get my OSAP funding certificate, will I be able to pay the outstanding fees without penalty?

If you selected OSAP as a payment method in your payment agreement, or plan on doing so, then the money will go directly to McMaster.

I believe the OSAP release starts on the last week of August. It "ends" sometime at the end of September, but you can still pick it up at SFAS after that.

You won't be charged interest unless it's past September 29th, but you could always talk to SFAS telling them your OSAP hasn't arrived yet.

As for your last question, you'll have to talk to SFAS about that and work something out in case that does happen.

But you don't even have your OSAP entitlement yet, so I'm not too sure you can use it as a payment method if it's not official by September 1st. Call SFAS tomorrow and ask them or better yet, set up a meeting and talk to them in person.
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:00 PM   #3
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times

hey i have a question. i checked my osap status today and my current entitlement dropped 4000 dollars but at the bottom it also says total issued to date the amount is 4000. what does this mean?
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:37 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindz! View Post
hey i have a question. i checked my osap status today and my current entitlement dropped 4000 dollars but at the bottom it also says total issued to date the amount is 4000. what does this mean?
I'm pretty sure your entitlement didn't drop. The number before you get your entitlement is your estimate. Sometimes the estimates are really off because the information you provided is skewed.

The total amount issued to date is the total amount of OSAP you have received, in this case you haven't actually received it yet but it has been sent out to McMaster and is awaiting pick-up.

belindz! says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-17-2010
kanagaap
This message has been removed by a moderator. .