MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone not gotten their osap money yet? rpg51 General Discussion 9 09-18-2012 09:50 AM
When will OSAP give me money? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 08-15-2012 05:43 PM
Owe OSAP money tylerearl General Discussion 3 07-09-2011 08:57 PM
OSAP money not enough!! tammy37 Financial Aid 15 07-15-2009 11:51 PM
Osap money Harlequin General Discussion 2 01-18-2009 10:55 AM

Osap money

Old 07-31-2013 at 02:32 PM   #1
Marvelous

Liked: 0 Times

Osap money
This question kind of bothers me, how can I use the OSAP money? Can I just ask it to be listed off from my bank account? How can I use the OSAp money to pay for my rent? Does anyone know of this?
Old 07-31-2013 at 03:13 PM   #2
Kevin_92

Liked: Liked 2 Times

The OSAP money is deposited into your bank account (direct deposit), from where you choose what to do with it.
Old 07-31-2013 at 03:33 PM   #3
Marvelous

Liked: 0 Times

I understand that. But does that mean I have to take the money from my bank account? And also, how can I use OSAP money to pay my rent? Can I just pull it out and pey the rent with my own money?
Old 07-31-2013 at 03:47 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
I understand that. But does that mean I have to take the money from my bank account? And also, how can I use OSAP money to pay my rent? Can I just pull it out and pey the rent with my own money?
When money is deposited into your bank account, it stops being "OSAP money". Your bank account won't differentiate between sources, it's all just money in your account.

If you had $5000 in your bank account and then receive $3000 in your September OSAP, you now have $8000 in your bank account. You can decide to use OSAP money for rent for the purposes of your own budgeting, but in practice when you actually pay for things there's no way of differentiating.

So yes, you just pay your rent the same as you normally would - from your bank account - and know that some of that money is coming from OSAP.
Old 07-31-2013 at 04:01 PM   #5
fatimaa

Liked: 4 Times

How do you pay MacMaster with your OSAP money? Ie Bank card
Old 07-31-2013 at 04:14 PM   #6
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatimaa View Post
How do you pay MacMaster with your OSAP money? Ie Bank card
As stated above, basically OSAP just puts money into your bank account. You can do whatever you want with it. There are different ways to use the money in your bank account (OSAP and otherwise) to pay McMaster. Find them here: http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/S...methods.h tml

(P.S. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. "I.e." does not mean "for example". "e.g" means for example. "I.e." means "that is"/"that is to say"/"in other words"/etc.)
Old 07-31-2013 at 07:29 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

In your online bank account, you can set up your pay clients. Set Mcmaster as the receiver and use your student number as the account number.