Old 08-03-2012 at 09:04 PM   #1
Unregistered

When will OSAP give me money?
When will they release the OSAP money?
Old 08-03-2012 at 09:16 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

As soon as you hand in your MSFAA, all your signature pages etc.
Old 08-03-2012 at 09:18 PM   #3
Unregistered

i got estimate but when will i get physical money??
Old 08-03-2012 at 09:19 PM   #4
Unregistered

I've handed everything in I just need the actual money
Old 08-03-2012 at 10:35 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

McMaster has to confirm your enrollment which will probably happen after school starts.
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:47 PM   #6
Unregistered

Is it usually only a few days after school starts? Like a few days after September 6th? Or a couple of weeks after??? I want to use the money to buy textbooks and I can't if they release the money too late.............
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:48 PM   #7
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

Don't worry; you'll be fine. Everyone gets OSAP the same way and everyone has always been fine in terms of buying textbooks and paying tuition. As long as you submit everything on time, you will be fine.
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:52 PM   #8
Unregistered

I already have my entitlement. I just need my money, my physical money in my bank account. Do you know approximately how many days after school started they released OSAP money in previous years?
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:55 PM   #9
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Go check your OSAP application. They should list the type of aid you're going to be receiving and what date that will be released to you. For me, it says Sept. 6.
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:57 PM   #10
N.Cheng

Liked: 20 Times

They changed it this year so you no longer have to wait in line at school to sign papers so it should be faster this year compared to other years. Other years, if you picked up osap (waited in line to sign your papers) as early as possible you would get it about 2 weeks into September.

If this is seriously only about getting the money for textbooks. Stop worrying, seriously. You will be able to buy textbooks in time.
Old 08-15-2012 at 01:59 PM   #11
Unregistered

Where does it say that for you???
Old 08-15-2012 at 02:00 PM   #12
Unregistered

Well its also because I'd like to go into University with a full bank account know what I mean? I want to feel rich.
Old 08-15-2012 at 02:18 PM   #13
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

Don't let that feeling of being rich get to you - remember that the money has to last you until January and don't blow it all at once. I've seen new students do that and then they're lining up at food banks by November and in some cases can't pay their rent.
Wait to buy your textbooks until after the first week of classes, you can always preview the first chapters on places like Google Books or the publisher's website if you want to get a head start but professors will sometimes change their minds about a book by the time school starts up and it sucks to waste money on a book you didn't need!
Give it a few days and the website will tell you when your funding will be released. They are crazy backlogged this time of year getting everyone's applications and entitlements sorted so not everybody gets the same messages at the same time.
I know it's stressful not having access to it yet but it will come. Just breathe and enjoy the last couple weeks of summer!
Old 08-15-2012 at 02:24 PM   #14
Goran

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well its also because I'd like to go into University with a full bank account know what I mean? I want to feel rich.
LOLOLOLOLOL

On average a person get about $5-6,000 from OSAP. You'll be lucky if anything is left over after you pay tuition in full, especially since most 1st year programs are asking for more than $6,000 for tuition. Nobody on OSAP is feeling rich.

Plus, in case you didn't know this, OSAP only gives you a partial amount to pay off that semester's tuition, not the entire estimate.

tl;dr: get a part-time job asap if you want to have any spending money
Old 08-15-2012 at 02:36 PM   #15
Unregistered

Actually I'm going to have approximately $2550 OSAP left over from my first release. The reason being because I got a scholarship which covered a lot of what I owed for the first payment. So yeah definitley going to use that OSAP money wisely hehehehe he he.