MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I include Mac Entrance Scholarship on my OSAP application? +MORE OSAP questions gabbynelly Financial Aid 2 06-28-2012 02:56 PM
OSAP - Printing MSFAA jenpower Financial Aid 1 06-23-2012 08:40 AM
Osap mac-lover Financial Aid 14 07-25-2011 08:55 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP & Job feonateresa Financial Aid 9 08-17-2010 09:23 PM

Osap Msfaa???

Old 06-29-2012 at 12:50 PM   #1
gabbynelly

Liked: 1 Time

Osap Msfaa???
I printed out the MSFAA after completing OSAP online and it says I have to bring it to a Canada Post Outlet....

I don't understand this at all! So I bring my stuff... My Social Insurance Card, my government issued photo ID, and my MSFAA to the Canada Post Outlet... then what happens? I just show the stuff to them and give them the MSFAA and that's it? Do they do anything with the MSFAA? I don't have to like mail it or anything to OSAP?

I don't know this seems kind of strange to me that I show my information to Canada POST...If someone could explain please. . .
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:07 PM   #2
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

this is a new process that is starting this year so that we don't have to go line up for osap in september (if you are 1st year your lucky you never had to go through that pain)

and yes you take the MSFAA form to canada post but you have to go to a designated on so find the closest available one here
http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/onlinetoo...l_outlet.shtml

when you show your form they will check your id and process it and that's it, nothing else for you to do its a simple process

gabbynelly, marido, TeleKey all say thanks to cjdzl for this post.

gabbynelly, marido like this.
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:16 PM   #3
gabbynelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
this is a new process that is starting this year so that we don't have to go line up for osap in september (if you are 1st year your lucky you never had to go through that pain)

and yes you take the MSFAA form to canada post but you have to go to a designated on so find the closest available one here
http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/onlinetoo...l_outlet.shtml

when you show your form they will check your id and process it and that's it, nothing else for you to do its a simple process
So they used to give OSAP by cheque? And this year they are putting in bank account directly is that what this means?
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:28 PM   #4
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbynelly View Post
So they used to give OSAP by cheque? And this year they are putting in bank account directly is that what this means?
no they always put it directly to bank account or to school depending on your situation.
So what used to happen was that people getting osap had to line up in September and January to confirm our enrollment and provide a bank account if needed
but this year they got rid of that so that we just provide our bank info through the MSFAA so that we wouldn't have to go through the process of lining up

gabbynelly says thanks to cjdzl for this post.

gabbynelly likes this.
Old 06-29-2012 at 01:29 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

They receive a bunch of forms everyday and they mail them out at the end of the day for you.

gabbynelly says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

gabbynelly likes this.
Old 06-29-2012 at 02:05 PM   #6
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

They check your ID, stamp the MSFAA, and then mail it out in batches. You don't have to mail anything directly yourself.

gabbynelly says thanks to inthemaking for this post.

gabbynelly likes this.
Old 06-29-2012 at 04:21 PM   #7
kathialopez

Liked: 0 Times

how do we know when they received it?
Old 06-29-2012 at 04:49 PM   #8
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathialopez View Post
how do we know when they received it?
Check it out online on the OSAP website.
Old 06-29-2012 at 08:01 PM   #9
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

I was one of the ones that went for that advanced thing before September (I think it was July) in my first year. Is that being done away with as well?
Old 06-29-2012 at 08:07 PM   #10
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
I was one of the ones that went for that advanced thing before September (I think it was July) in my first year. Is that being done away with as well?
I am not sure what happens in July (or used to happen)..all I know is that we don't have to wait in a long line to pick up our osap !
Old 06-29-2012 at 08:51 PM   #11
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

The way that you get your OSAP funding is changing for 2012-13. The ministry is implementing electronic release of OSAP funding directly to your bank account. No standing in line at your school to pick up paper loan documents. In order to make this happen, the provincial and federal governments have created a new student loan agreement that you sign once for your "lifetime". It outlines all of the terms and conditions for both federal and provincial funding. This agreement is called the "Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)". Your personalized MSFAA will be available for printing after you submit your application.
Old 07-05-2012 at 10:38 PM   #12
cora0840

does the msfaa form apply to the july 15th deadline if we want the funding to be released in time to pay tuition?
Old 07-05-2012 at 10:58 PM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Fyi, you only need to take page 1 of that document, sin card, government photo id, and head down to the canada post branch in titles.
Old 07-06-2012 at 07:46 AM   #14
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cora0840 View Post
does the msfaa form apply to the july 15th deadline if we want the funding to be released in time to pay tuition?
Anyone have an answer for that yet? Also interested in that point specifically
Old 07-06-2012 at 08:27 AM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
Anyone have an answer for that yet? Also interested in that point specifically
Well if you remember, the OSAP choice in your payment agreement lets you actually pay your account in full by January 15th if you're taking two semesters, you need your 60% of your fees before 1st.. and given: how close the money release, time it takes to process all your information, and all that fun stuff, I'd just hand it in to the post office asap... you might be able to do the MSFAA before you finish your application, if you're having problems with tax pages and whatnot.

The Jan 15th deadline is a soft deadline anyway for Financial Services to ensure everything gets processed in a timely manner; MSFAA probably doesn't strictly adhere to this, but is more of a helpful time deadline so everything is good to go by Aug 25.