MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I include Mac Entrance Scholarship on my OSAP application? +MORE OSAP questions gabbynelly Financial Aid 2 06-28-2012 02:56 PM
OSAP - Printing MSFAA jenpower Financial Aid 1 06-23-2012 08:40 AM
Osap mac-lover Financial Aid 14 07-25-2011 08:55 PM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP & Job feonateresa Financial Aid 9 08-17-2010 09:23 PM

Osap Msfaa???

Old 07-06-2012 at 09:16 AM   #16
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
Anyone have an answer for that yet? Also interested in that point specifically
If the MSFAA is basically replacing the pick-up process we go through in September, then the July 15th shouldn't ahdere to this. In other words, if we're usually doing the same thing in Setpember, then handing it in anytime before that should be fine. Just make sure to get everything else in.

Side note: I submitted my MSFAA but the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) gave me a call and asked me to send in a copy of my SIN number and a government issued ID. I remember reading that we just had to show Canada Post this, anyone else had to send it in?
Old 07-06-2012 at 11:53 AM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
If the MSFAA is basically replacing the pick-up process we go through in September, then the July 15th shouldn't ahdere to this. In other words, if we're usually doing the same thing in Setpember, then handing it in anytime before that should be fine. Just make sure to get everything else in.

Side note: I submitted my MSFAA but the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) gave me a call and asked me to send in a copy of my SIN number and a government issued ID. I remember reading that we just had to show Canada Post this, anyone else had to send it in?
Hmm, didn't send in my government ID. They didn't specifically ask for it on the list of supporting documents. But they did list my SIN card, so I did send that in.
Old 07-06-2012 at 02:38 PM   #18
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Hmm, didn't send in my government ID. They didn't specifically ask for it on the list of supporting documents. But they did list my SIN card, so I did send that in.
On the instructions specific for the MSFAA, it states you need to show proof of SIN number and photo identification.
Old 07-06-2012 at 02:58 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
On the instructions specific for the MSFAA, it states you need to show proof of SIN number and photo identification.
You are only required to send them in if you mailed your MSFAA yourself directly to NSLSC. IF you submitted your MSFAA to a Canada Post Outlet, you are only required to present your two IDs and are not required to send them in with your MSFAA.
Old 07-06-2012 at 03:57 PM   #20
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

has anyone's OSAP amount been updated? I applied on May 18 and it still says to please check back in mid june :s
Old 07-07-2012 at 12:27 PM   #21
msms

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
You are only required to send them in if you mailed your MSFAA yourself directly to NSLSC. IF you submitted your MSFAA to a Canada Post Outlet, you are only required to present your two IDs and are not required to send them in with your MSFAA.

I took my MSFAA to the titles post outlet, they checked my ids and cleared it but NSLSC still called me asking to send in my SIN and photo id. that's odd..
Old 07-07-2012 at 01:50 PM   #22
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Can you take the MSFAA to any Canada Post outlet, or is there a specific list you have to choose from?
Old 07-07-2012 at 02:05 PM   #23
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
Can you take the MSFAA to any Canada Post outlet, or is there a specific list you have to choose from?
Not all will take them. I'm not sure how you find out which do, though.
Old 07-07-2012 at 02:32 PM   #24
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
There's a specific list, these are all the designated CP outlets in Ontario: http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/onlinetoo...p_clf/on.shtml
Old 07-07-2012 at 02:33 PM   #25
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by msms View Post
I took my MSFAA to the titles post outlet, they checked my ids and cleared it but NSLSC still called me asking to send in my SIN and photo id. that's odd..
Happened to me too, guess I'm not the only one. Maybe they forgot to put in instructions to send it in or something. That's going to be a lot of phone calls...
Old 07-07-2012 at 06:27 PM   #26
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

I read through the application and it seems to indicate that the ID part is only for the MSFAA @ canada post....