MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Undercovers Opens Monday September 14 2009 feonateresa MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-10-2009 08:16 AM
Spring/Summer 2009 Final Grades Available on August 25 saukalra MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-25-2009 08:09 PM
Welcome Day will take place August 7, 2009 from 9AM to 4PM jhan523 ARCHIVES 128 07-15-2009 11:47 PM

OSAP Pick Up Begins Monday August 24 2009

Old 08-16-2009 at 10:43 PM   #30
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times
Odd. The thing is I'm getting enough OSAP to cover everything(excluding books) so that's why I was wondering why I have to pay anything.

Old 08-16-2009 at 10:49 PM   #31
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
Odd. The thing is I'm getting enough OSAP to cover everything(excluding books) so that's why I was wondering why I have to pay anything.
Your tuition is only deducted by 60% of your OSAP. The first OSAP pickup is only for 60% of your total OSAP.

The reason OSAP does this is because if they are any changes in income or anything of the sort then they can alter the amount in your second pick-up.

Old 08-17-2009 at 07:51 AM   #32
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
So, if I go on say...Monday the 7th, will I be paying a late fee?
If you have no balance forward (ie. 60% of your OSAP entitlement will cover your whole tuition), then you shouldn't be charged a late fee even if you pick it up on Monday the 7th.

reeves says thanks to Mowicz for this post.

Old 08-17-2009 at 11:04 AM   #33
crys.eg

Liked: 7 Times
so to pick up your osap it says that you need your student card.
my freind has to pick his up because he didnt send his form in on time.
Do you know when/where he coul ddo that...
cause we want to go sometime next week to get osap.

Old 08-17-2009 at 11:26 AM   #34
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
If you have no balance forward (ie. 60% of your OSAP entitlement will cover your whole tuition), then you shouldn't be charged a late fee even if you pick it up on Monday the 7th.
Woot. Awesome!

Old 08-17-2009 at 11:39 AM   #35
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times
was it this early last year? i just remember going to line up to sign those papers during early september

Old 08-17-2009 at 11:44 AM   #36
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
was it this early last year? i just remember going to line up to sign those papers during early september
I don't remember it being this early last year either.

Last year it was Sept 2-12. Then they extended it afterwards. I'm assuming the system they are implementing this year it to create a smooth pick-up.

I think they expect everyone near Hamilton including neighbouring cities to pick up OSAP before school starts. Then all the other students would pick up their OSAP when school starts. The system looks good on paper, we'll see how good it looks in real life.

Old 08-17-2009 at 12:44 PM   #37
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
well i assume it would continue to at least the first day of classes (the 10th). or at least i hope.

Old 08-17-2009 at 12:45 PM   #38
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
well i assume it would continue to at least the first day of classes (the 10th). or at least i hope.
It'll definitively continue after move-in, or it should anyways. It wouldn't make sense if it didn't.

Old 08-17-2009 at 12:48 PM   #39
crys.eg

Liked: 7 Times
so to pick up your osap it says that you need your student card.
my freind has to pick his up because he didnt send his form in on time.
Do you know when/where he coul ddo that...
cause we want to go sometime next week to get osap.

Old 08-17-2009 at 01:27 PM   #40
aya017

Liked: 22 Times
Why is OSAP release early this year? Not that I'm complaining, but I just felt surprised that they have it for end of August instead of the first week of September.

Is it maybe because they want to give us the moolah before school starts? Hmm. Sounds good to me.

Old 08-17-2009 at 01:29 PM   #41
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
Why is OSAP release early this year? Not that I'm complaining, but I just felt surprised that they have it for end of August instead of the first week of September.

Is it maybe because they want to give us the moolah before school starts? Hmm. Sounds good to me.

From my previous post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I think they expect everyone near Hamilton including neighbouring cities to pick up OSAP before school starts. Then all the other students would pick up their OSAP when school starts. The system looks good on paper, we'll see how good it looks in real life.

aya017 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 08-18-2009 at 03:22 PM   #42
shay

Liked: 0 Times
i've got a problem i haven't sent in my new student form yet cuz i haven't gotten the picture yet, but we need that to pick up our osap
what should i do!!!???

Old 08-18-2009 at 03:25 PM   #43
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay View Post
i've got a problem i haven't sent in my new student form yet cuz i haven't gotten the picture yet, but we need that to pick up our osap
what should i do!!!???
Send them your avatar pic. No one says no to House

Seriously though, I don't know.

Fa11enAnge1 likes this.

Old 08-18-2009 at 03:25 PM   #44
Joann
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 8 Times
I have a question related to this.

What are the chances of getting a work-study if I didn't qualify for OSAP? I'm so peeved because twin sister qualified for OSAP and I didn't.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search