Old 08-30-2009 at 07:00 PM   #17
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Okay, thanks. Then, I guess im set.
Old 08-30-2009 at 07:01 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Just to make things clear in case a wrong message was sent... You still have to pick up your OSAP.
Old 08-30-2009 at 08:14 PM   #19
yas1

Liked: 0 Times

when i go to pick up osap...they require a void cheque ..could the void cheque be from my parent's account number and signed by them cuz i ddont have a cheque book?
Old 08-30-2009 at 08:20 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yas1 View Post
when i go to pick up osap...they require a void cheque ..could the void cheque be from my parent's account number and signed by them cuz i ddont have a cheque book?
You only need a void cheque if you are planning to take the money from OSAP. So basically if you DIDN'T select OSAP as a funding option (Note: This only refers to the first pick up).

A void cheque from your parents account is ok. It doesn't have to be signed, they just need the numbers at the bottom of the cheque. It's safer to void the cheque, meaning just put a gigantic VOID across the cheque in pen.

jc24, yas1 all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.

jc24 likes this.
Old 08-30-2009 at 08:43 PM   #21
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

Question sort of related to this, how are grants used in this case?
Since grants are not part of the OSAP balance, where/when will I find it?
Will it just be added to the bank account I specified when I picked up my OSAP?
Old 08-30-2009 at 08:48 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellonewyork View Post
Question sort of related to this, how are grants used in this case?
Since grants are not part of the OSAP balance, where/when will I find it?
Will it just be added to the bank account I specified when I picked up my OSAP?
I'm not sure how grants work but I was under the impression that whoever is supplying the grant is mailing a cheque.... I would call whoever is giving you the grant to ask about how you are to receive it. If it's a grant given by OSAP/government then contacts SFAS: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/office.html

hellonewyork says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-30-2009 at 08:48 PM   #23
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

If you would like the money to go into your account instead of into your parents account then what you can do is go to your bank and ask them for your bank information. You can bring that in instead of a void cheque and they'll be able to deposit whatever money you have left over from OSAP.

Old 08-30-2009 at 10:18 PM   #24
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

Ok so i am paying my tuition by OSAP and scholarships, but it says i cant pick up my OSAP till sept 10th , on my payment agreement it says $0.00 balance meaning the OSAP and scholarships must have covered the 60% tuition required for term 1... i know i still have to pick up my OSAP but because i cant do so untill the 10th will i still have to pay the late fee of $35?
and i was also wondering because i cant pick it up till the 10th and classes will have started, how long does the line tend to take because i will be going inbetween classes to pick it up !
THANKS
Old 08-30-2009 at 10:29 PM   #25
kwyhan91

Liked: 0 Times

COMPLETELY not related to OSAP, but i really gotta find the answer to this:
i still have to make changes to my timetable,espcially, the chem 1a03 labs and tutorials -___- allll of them are litterally full. i was hoping if by sept21st, there are people dropping courses & labs and tutorials...?

thanks alot
Old 08-30-2009 at 10:37 PM   #26
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
Ok so i am paying my tuition by OSAP and scholarships, but it says i cant pick up my OSAP till sept 10th , on my payment agreement it says $0.00 balance meaning the OSAP and scholarships must have covered the 60% tuition required for term 1... i know i still have to pick up my OSAP but because i cant do so untill the 10th will i still have to pay the late fee of $35?
and i was also wondering because i cant pick it up till the 10th and classes will have started, how long does the line tend to take because i will be going inbetween classes to pick it up !
THANKS
No, you won't be charged the late fee. I think you can pick up your OSAP before September 10th, the money just won't be released to McMaster until that time.
Old 08-30-2009 at 10:43 PM   #27
Cassandraa87

so if i pick up my OSAP before the 10th what does that do for me ? just so that when the money does get released to mac i will have already picked up my OSAP so i get the money then ?
Old 08-30-2009 at 10:46 PM   #28
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
so if i pick up my OSAP before the 10th what does that do for me ? just so that when the money does get released to mac i will have already picked up my OSAP so i get the money then ?
You chose OSAP as a funding option correct? Then the money will go to McMaster...
Old 08-30-2009 at 10:53 PM   #29
Cassandraa87

yes i understand that but because i am doing an instalment payment i am paying 60% 1st term and 40% 2nd term , so with my OSAP being $3000 and my scholarships adding up to $4250 and my tuition being around $5800.00 I will have around $1500.00 left after paying for full tuition so does that money go to me in my bank account once i pick up my OSAP ? If so will i get it in Sept or in Jan when my tuition will be paid in full due to the instalment payment ?
Old 08-30-2009 at 11:11 PM   #30
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
yes i understand that but because i am doing an instalment payment i am paying 60% 1st term and 40% 2nd term , so with my OSAP being $3000 and my scholarships adding up to $4250 and my tuition being around $5800.00 I will have around $1500.00 left after paying for full tuition so does that money go to me in my bank account once i pick up my OSAP ? If so will i get it in Sept or in Jan when my tuition will be paid in full due to the instalment payment ?
It depends.

If:
60% OSAP + Scholarships = 1st Instalment Payment (Which is should be since your balance forward is 0)
Then you won't get any money in your bank.

If:
60% OSAP + Scholarships > 1st Instalment Payment
Then whatever is left over CAN go to your bank OR is can go to your student account to pay off some of the money due in January (This means that you will accumulate less interest)

Then on the second instalment payment you can have some of the OSAP going to McMaster (To fully pay off your tuition) and have the rest go to your bank account.

Cassandraa87 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.