MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Procedure for dropping a course... and retrieving my money CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 10-05-2010 03:41 PM
OSAP help!!! pirates01 Financial Aid 5 08-31-2010 08:00 AM
OSAP and Flex OSAP Plan HELP! knguyens2 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 09:40 AM
OSAP help plz Elivs.L Financial Aid 4 08-19-2010 02:29 PM
BHSc 2009 - Admission Procedure sunil Academics 12 11-02-2008 02:13 PM

OSAP procedure HELP!!!!!

Old 08-25-2010 at 09:34 PM   #16
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

ok that helps alot ... except on my payment agreement it says .. Payment Options: i chose the Flex Plan-OSAP it then says due date Sept 30th with Amount $1100.

does this mean I have untill sept 30th to give mac my cheque? cause i plan on picking up my osap the 1st week of school which then will release it to Mac right after doing so. But the remaining $1100 i still owe will need to be paid. Does the Sept 30th due date mean for my $1100 cheque ?

sorry im just super confused right now seeing as how if its due sept 1st im SCREWEDDDDD because im paying it myself.
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:36 PM   #17
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisje View Post
So my mom wants to go for this whole OSAP pick up process coz she wants to see the university. Parents are allowed to go right? Coz I heard that parents will not be allowed to go in and that they have to wait outside?
I'm pretty sure they have to wait outside. I doubt they would let anyone in to watch their child pick up their OSAP since there is A LOT of personal information on that room.

On another note: Here's the terms and conditions that's listed at the end of the payment agreement for those you can't get into MUGSI right now.
http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/S...nditions. htm

So, it doesn't say there's a late fee but there is a default fee. Not sure if it's equivalent to a late fee.
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:39 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandraa87 View Post
ok that helps alot ... except on my payment agreement it says .. Payment Options: i chose the Flex Plan-OSAP it then says due date Sept 30th with Amount $1100.

does this mean I have untill sept 30th to give mac my cheque? cause i plan on picking up my osap the 1st week of school which then will release it to Mac right after doing so. But the remaining $1100 i still owe will need to be paid. Does the Sept 30th due date mean for my $1100 cheque ?

sorry im just super confused right now seeing as how if its due sept 1st im SCREWEDDDDD because im paying it myself.
I knew there were different due dates than September 1st!

Yes, that means you have until September 30th to pay the 1100$. Whatever it says on your Payment Agreement is what you have to be concerned about.

You can drop the check off at Accounts & Cashiers when you get to school. They have a drop-box too, so you don't have to go when they are open either.

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:43 PM   #19
Cassandraa87

Liked: 1 Time

oh my god thank you so much you definatly helped !! definatly more calm now haha !
Old 08-25-2010 at 09:57 PM   #20
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

I did my OSAP lmuch ater this year due to certain circumstance. I was wondering, it's been about 2 weeks since I sent my OSAP application + signed papers and in the OSAP account, it says Web App submitted. Should it mention anything about the signed papers, how do I know they got it? Also, does anyone know how late I can expect my OSAP to be released as a result?
Old 08-25-2010 at 10:05 PM   #21
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisje View Post
So my mom wants to go for this whole OSAP pick up process coz she wants to see the university. Parents are allowed to go right? Coz I heard that parents will not be allowed to go in and that they have to wait outside?
i went to pick up my OSAP today
parents were not allowed to go inside the pickup room.
lot of parents were waiting outside, so don't worry if they come with you.
have some water & snacks or else you will get tired of standing in the line.
Old 08-25-2010 at 10:14 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
I did my OSAP lmuch ater this year due to certain circumstance. I was wondering, it's been about 2 weeks since I sent my OSAP application + signed papers and in the OSAP account, it says Web App submitted. Should it mention anything about the signed papers, how do I know they got it? Also, does anyone know how late I can expect my OSAP to be released as a result?
It only mentions that you have to submit your declaration. If it's not there it means they've received it.

OSAP is probably super busy by now so I would say a month from when you applied. You might have to pick it up at SFAS instead of the normal pick-up (But only if they receive your entitlement by the time the normal pick-up is done).

Financial Advisors at SFAS have more experience with the matter at hand, so it'll probably be worth it to drop by their office when school starts.
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:04 PM   #23
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

I have a couple of questions about this early OSAP release. If my income hasn't been verified yet, does this early release still apply to me? Is there a late fee if I don't pick up my funding certificate between Aug 25th and Sept 3rd? Will I be able to pick up my funding certificate anytime after Sept 3rd, and how long would it be available to be picked-up? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010 at 11:17 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMosby View Post
I have a couple of questions about this early OSAP release. If my income hasn't been verified yet, does this early release still apply to me? Is there a late fee if I don't pick up my funding certificate between Aug 25th and Sept 3rd? Will I be able to pick up my funding certificate anytime after Sept 3rd, and how long would it be available to be picked-up? Thanks!
There's no late fee, it's only an early release. There is the normal Released September 7th onwards.

http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html?tab=2
Old 08-26-2010 at 09:34 AM   #25
luna

Liked: 10 Times

where do I go to check how much tuition I still owe mcmaster (if I owe them any) and also if someone chooses to pay the tuition fees all at once does the university then still divide the osap into 60% and 40%? and if so then how do I pay off the 40%?
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:01 AM   #26
luna

ok so when I went to pick up my osap the person who was reviewing my application didn't include the queen elizabeth scholarship money to pay off tuition. Why? To clearify this is sort of what he said: mac is using the canada student loan and ontraio student loan and canada student grants to pay off the tuition fee that I owe(and my osap plan was to pay tuition off in full), which is about $4802. Then he took my tuition fee, more than $6000, and subtracted my queen elizabeth, $3500, from it and then said that the remaining money will go to my bank. and then he said that hopefully I won't have any tuition fees left to pay when I check my account. I don't understand all this and am panicking!!!!! So someone who can understand what I just wrote please explain to me how my situation works.
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:18 AM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna View Post
where do I go to check how much tuition I still owe mcmaster (if I owe them any) and also if someone chooses to pay the tuition fees all at once does the university then still divide the osap into 60% and 40%? and if so then how do I pay off the 40%?
Student Account in MUGSI. Positive balances mean you owe the school money, negative balances mean the school owes you money.

Quote:
ok so when I went to pick up my osap the person who was reviewing my application didn't include the queen elizabeth scholarship money to pay off tuition. Why? To clearify this is sort of what he said: mac is using the canada student loan and ontraio student loan and canada student grants to pay off the tuition fee that I owe(and my osap plan was to pay tuition off in full), which is about $4802. Then he took my tuition fee, more than $6000, and subtracted my queen elizabeth, $3500, from it and then said that the remaining money will go to my bank. and then he said that hopefully I won't have any tuition fees left to pay when I check my account. I don't understand all this and am panicking!!!!! So someone who can understand what I just wrote please explain to me how my situation works.
The QEII scholarship is not OSAP, it's separate. That's why it's not included in your OSAP pickup. It's usually bundled in the "McMaster Scholarships" in your payment agreement.

I think what he did was take your tuition 6000, minutes your QEII scholarship which makes 2500 then he put 2500 of your OSAP to McMaster and the rest (1300) goes to your bank.

Did you select "McMaster Scholarships" as a payment option?
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:24 AM   #28
luna

no I didn't select scholarships as payment method. But what happens if I still owe money to the uni then can I use the scholarship to pay off the remaining amount or will I have to use pocket money.
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:26 AM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
no I didn't select scholarships as payment method. But what happens if I still owe money to the uni then can I use the scholarship to pay off the remaining amount or will I have to use pocket money.
Well, you can select it right now if you still owe McMaster money. Otherwise you have to pay out of your pocket.

Also, if you have any extra money in your student account, you can go to Accounts & Cashiers and ask for a cheque.
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:38 AM   #30
luna

ok that helps thanks! also, is it important to buy the required material for courses like biology, chem, etc.?