MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Textbook Missing Pages!! Imtiaz Academics 6 09-26-2010 08:58 AM
OSAP declaration & signature pages jchoi92 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 12:16 PM
OSAP Signature Pages Can't Be Opened Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-11-2010 04:13 PM
OSAP Declaration Pages feonateresa Financial Aid 44 07-28-2009 07:10 PM

OSAP Signature Pages sent to Stoney Creek

Old 08-31-2010 at 12:30 AM   #1
Kaykayy

Liked: 0 Times

OSAP Signature Pages sent to Stoney Creek
I applied for OSAP in June and sent my signature/declaration pages (the ones both you and your parents sign) shortly after. I used express post and tracked the papers online...and noticed that they were sent to Stoney Creek. I'm not sure how that happened, since I addressed the envelope to the Office of the Registrar. I've been checking my OSAP status every once in a while since then and it says my application is still being processed. I'm not sure if this is because it was sent to Stoney Creek instead of Mac, or if my application is taking longer than expected to process due to some other reason.

I'm wondering if anyone else is going through the same issue regarding their signature pages/declaration pages being sent to Stoney Creek.
Old 08-31-2010 at 05:55 AM   #2
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

same thing happened to me.. dont worry.. i called teh postal company and they told me that it says stoney creek jus because that is the main facility that runs the area... they were able to confirm that it was delivered... i would just call the postal company with the tracking number and ask where the final destination was

*edit* i jus realized i knoz u lol
Old 08-31-2010 at 06:35 AM   #3
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Send an email to [email protected] to ask the office if they actually receive your signature pages or not.

I dropped off my signature page in the drop box July last year, and somehow they manage to NOT receive it and caused me a lot of worrying and rushing . So just on the safe side (and revenge) I dropped of 3 copies of the signature pages this year.
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:09 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykayy View Post
I applied for OSAP in June and sent my signature/declaration pages (the ones both you and your parents sign) shortly after. I used express post and tracked the papers online...and noticed that they were sent to Stoney Creek. I'm not sure how that happened, since I addressed the envelope to the Office of the Registrar. I've been checking my OSAP status every once in a while since then and it says my application is still being processed. I'm not sure if this is because it was sent to Stoney Creek instead of Mac, or if my application is taking longer than expected to process due to some other reason.

I'm wondering if anyone else is going through the same issue regarding their signature pages/declaration pages being sent to Stoney Creek.
Does your OSAP also say that you still have to send in your declarations?
Old 08-31-2010 at 12:49 PM   #5
Kaykayy

I e-mailed [email protected] yesterday and got one of those generic "we'll read your mail when we can" e-mails. Guess I've got to wait.

@ jeremy: On my osap status, it says

"Your OSAP funding cannot be calculated because documents that you were required to provide are either still required or are being reviewed by your financial aid office. Please review the items in the Checklist section for documents that are required. Please check back later.
Once the documentation is provided and approved, your OSAP funding will be calculated.

Checklist: Student must provide supporting documents"

If they did have my documents, then wouldn't this message disappear?

@ rukia: what if I said I didn't know you.....
Old 08-31-2010 at 12:51 PM   #6
Kaykayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
Send an email to [email protected] to ask the office if they actually receive your signature pages or not.

I dropped off my signature page in the drop box July last year, and somehow they manage to NOT receive it and caused me a lot of worrying and rushing . So just on the safe side (and revenge) I dropped of 3 copies of the signature pages this year.

Wow that must have sucked...hopefully I won't have to resort to any kind of revenge over this either
Old 08-31-2010 at 12:56 PM   #7
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

if you sent the letter in June they should have got it long time ago
It's normal to go to stoney creek, I also had the same issue and I called the post office and they say it's suppose to go to stoney creek
if it still says on your osap application that they need the documents I think it's best to go in person to hand it to them
Old 08-31-2010 at 12:58 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykayy View Post
I e-mailed [email protected] yesterday and got one of those generic "we'll read your mail when we can" e-mails. Guess I've got to wait.

@ jeremy: On my osap status, it says

"Your OSAP funding cannot be calculated because documents that you were required to provide are either still required or are being reviewed by your financial aid office. Please review the items in the Checklist section for documents that are required. Please check back later.
Once the documentation is provided and approved, your OSAP funding will be calculated.

Checklist: Student must provide supporting documents"

If they did have my documents, then wouldn't this message disappear?

@ rukia: what if I said I didn't know you.....
Is that all it says in the checklist? What does it say when you click on it (You should be able to).
Old 08-31-2010 at 01:28 PM   #9
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I was going to make a separate thread, but I see JHAN is here, so maybe he can answer my question

It says my OSAP has been issued, but I didnt receive the letter that you usually get. Should I be worried, or can I pick up my OSAP without that letter.
Old 08-31-2010 at 01:49 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
I was going to make a separate thread, but I see JHAN is here, so maybe he can answer my question

It says my OSAP has been issued, but I didnt receive the letter that you usually get. Should I be worried, or can I pick up my OSAP without that letter.
I don't think I've ever received a letter either. If it's been issued then it should be at McMaster. You don't need anything to pick up OSAP except ID Requirements: http://sfas.mcmaster.ca/osap.html?tab=2
Old 08-31-2010 at 10:12 PM   #11
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

ive never gotten a letter