MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSAP Signature Pages sent to Stoney Creek Kaykayy Academics 10 08-31-2010 10:12 PM
OSAP declaration & signature pages jchoi92 Financial Aid 4 08-23-2010 12:16 PM
OSAP Signature Pages Can't Be Opened Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-11-2010 04:13 PM
Missing! mackid91 General Discussion 5 02-03-2010 11:29 AM
OSAP Declaration Pages feonateresa Financial Aid 44 07-28-2009 07:10 PM

New Textbook Missing Pages!!

Old 09-25-2010 at 09:00 PM   #1
Imtiaz

Liked: 1 Time

New Textbook Missing Pages!!
ok im now going trough my NEW calculus textbook which i bough from Titles Bookstore and its missing from pages 35 - 74... would i be able to exchange it at titles? because i have the receipt and it says that the last day that they will refund for textbooks is the 25th of September and thats today :( ... well basically i don't want a refund i just want a new book which contains all the pages
Old 09-25-2010 at 09:17 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Wow, that's retarded...

And regardless of the last day for returns, you should be able to return it. It's a defect. Last day for returns still means the book has to be unopened/unwrapped.

If that doesn't work, throw a shit fit. (last resort though... no one wants to help a douche first )

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-25-2010 at 09:34 PM   #3
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiaz View Post
ok im now going trough my NEW calculus textbook which i bough from Titles Bookstore and its missing from pages 35 - 74... would i be able to exchange it at titles? because i have the receipt and it says that the last day that they will refund for textbooks is the 25th of September and thats today :( ... well basically i don't want a refund i just want a new book which contains all the pages
that might be how the book was meant to be... last year when i bought my bio textbooks it came in volumes (volme1= 1A03, vol2=1M03) and the pages would 'jump' from volume to volume.. so u would be on chapter 30 one page then chapter 50 the next
Old 09-25-2010 at 09:56 PM   #4
Imtiaz

Liked: 1 Time

The calculus textbook for life sciences doesn't come in a seal wrapping. They sell it open already and i asked my friend already if his was missing those pages and he said no.
Old 09-26-2010 at 12:15 AM   #5
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

They can't turn you away for bringing back a defective book. I'm sure they'll understand
Old 09-26-2010 at 01:32 AM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Hmm, if I were you I'd keep the book. A one-of-a-kind defective Early Transcendentals book may be quite the valuable collectible one day.

AelyaS, Rakim, doug like this.
Old 09-26-2010 at 08:58 AM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

It should definitely be fine to return it. My friend bought a 'How Humans Evolved' book in first year, and didn't open it until a couple days before the exam, and then discovered it was missing some pages at the end. Even though it was December, they still exchanged the book no problem