Oscar neila.b Volunteering Opportunities 6 07-22-2010 09:51 AM
Oscar ~*Sara*~ Volunteering Opportunities 13 02-15-2010 11:33 AM
Oscar Holly General Discussion 3 08-30-2008 12:43 PM

OSCAR help

Old 08-16-2010 at 05:04 PM   #1
altaiesr

Liked: 0 Times

OSCAR help
i cant get on OSCAR .. ive been trying for a long time now and i keep hearing different things .. like it has something to do with my OSAP? or payment agreement? but i dont think thats the case

help ? i reallly need a job.
Old 08-16-2010 at 05:09 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by altaiesr View Post
i cant get on OSCAR .. ive been trying for a long time now and i keep hearing different things .. like it has something to do with my OSAP? or payment agreement? but i dont think thats the case

help ? i reallly need a job.
Have you enabled your MacID services? You do need OSAP in order to be considered for jobs through OSCAR, but I don't know if that prevents you from going on. But then again, what's the point of going on if you can't get a job...
Old 08-16-2010 at 05:22 PM   #3
altaiesr

yea i did that and it still doesnt work ..
it says im full registered, and my osap is cleared ..

its been like that for 2 weeks. i dont know why .. other people are getting on easily
Old 08-16-2010 at 05:45 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by altaiesr View Post
yea i did that and it still doesnt work ..
it says im full registered, and my osap is cleared ..

its been like that for 2 weeks. i dont know why .. other people are getting on easily
Did you just enable your services or have you done it some time ago?
Old 08-16-2010 at 05:47 PM   #5
altaiesr

i did it a while back .. sometime in july
Old 08-16-2010 at 05:49 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Keep in mind that you have to activate your macID and enable macID services--those are two separate things. If you've done both a while ago and it's still not working, try contacting UTS or calling the number listed on the OSCAR homepage.
Old 08-16-2010 at 09:35 PM   #7
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Just try to Enable Mac ID services again .. Found on MUGSI I believe
Old 08-19-2010 at 09:51 AM   #8
shawarama

can 1st year students use oscar? it seems like every job requires students entering 2nd year
Old 08-19-2010 at 10:24 AM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawarama View Post
can 1st year students use oscar? it seems like every job requires students entering 2nd year
First year students can use OSCAR, but there might not be as many jobs available for first-years to apply for. There are many external jobs on the site as well, and for those it shouldn't matter what year you're in.
Old 08-19-2010 at 10:26 AM   #10
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

First year students can use oscar. Every Thursday we receive a list from the registrar to upload students into the system. First year students and new students have mostly been uploaded but there are some that have yet to be uploaded. You're not the only one for sure. A lot of job postings have not expired yet and there still will be plenty of jobs available. Also, make sure that you're a full-time student because part-time students need to pay a fee to MAPS to utilize oscar and various services.
Old 08-23-2010 at 08:52 PM   #11
shawarama

what does OSCAR mean by "unofficial transcripts?" does it mean our high school transcripts? or something else?
Old 08-23-2010 at 08:58 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawarama View Post
what does OSCAR mean by "unofficial transcripts?" does it mean our high school transcripts? or something else?
If you've done a year at university then it can be your degree audit or even your entire grade report.

shawarama says thanks to jhan523 for this post.