MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a course with no essays guessme First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 12-30-2009 05:13 PM
Tips on writing essays and papers Kathy2 Academics 0 10-28-2009 01:13 PM
High School vs University Essays bestinc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 10-05-2009 03:51 PM
ESSAYS!!! help Al-mansi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-11-2009 12:23 AM
Psych 1X03 and Group Essays goodnews.inc Academics 10 06-25-2009 07:36 AM

OT- place to proofreading essays

Old 10-10-2009 at 07:13 PM   #1
darklink121

Liked: 59 Times

OT- place to proofreading essays
Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is a place on Mac that proofreads essays (preferably free of charge). If not i don't mind paying. I went to the CSD and they said that there is a "Writing and Learning Skills Peer Help Program" on the 2nd floor at Mills Library. However I believe they told me that it is a workshop and you go there to improve your writing skills. I don't mind doing that but the thing is that my essay is due Thursday and would like someone who is strong at English to proofread it. I was also considering going to the English Office on the 3rd floor at KTH to see if they could help me. Is there anyone who could offer me more insight. Thanks
Old 10-10-2009 at 07:43 PM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

The only suggestion I can think of is to get one of your peers to do it. Perhaps if you live in residence someone on your floor could help, or maybe just someone from your tutorial for that class.
Old 10-10-2009 at 08:02 PM   #3
darklink121

I was thinking about that, the thing is though they are in the same program as me where we have alot of things to do this week. But i will def give that a try.
Old 10-10-2009 at 09:39 PM   #4
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahirbajaj View Post
Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is a place on Mac that proofreads essays (preferably free of charge). If not i don't mind paying. I went to the CSD and they said that there is a "Writing and Learning Skills Peer Help Program" on the 2nd floor at Mills Library. However I believe they told me that it is a workshop and you go there to improve your writing skills. I don't mind doing that but the thing is that my essay is due Thursday and would like someone who is strong at English to proofread it. I was also considering going to the English Office on the 3rd floor at KTH to see if they could help me. Is there anyone who could offer me more insight. Thanks
You could always get a tutor. Maybe an upper year student who is majoring in English? You can search for tutors at: http://careers.mcmaster.ca/tutors
Old 10-10-2009 at 09:46 PM   #5
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Out of curiosity, I decided to search for the tutors myself Here are the results: http://careers.mcmaster.ca/tutors/search-results

There are a lot of English PhD tutors. Many of these PhD students are tutoring for essay writing, essay editing and formation/structuring (which is exactly what your looking for!).

Unfortunately, you will probably have to pay for these services. Nonetheless, seeing as they are PhD students, I would expect them to be super helpful!

darklink121 likes this.
Old 10-10-2009 at 10:04 PM   #6
darklink121

Thanks sew12 and rrtt,

This does does seem like a good alternative for me later on the future incase i need someone to help me with my writing.