MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Places to Sleep? RyanC General Discussion 15 11-16-2010 07:34 PM
Cheap places to eat Rossclot General Discussion 30 12-13-2009 10:47 PM
Places to Go/See in Hamilton. lorend General Discussion 18 08-17-2009 04:14 PM
Redsuit Info Meetings! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 17 02-10-2009 05:18 PM
(More) Places to Eat Off-Campus Chad Food & Meal Plans 4 01-12-2008 04:08 PM

Other places to have group meetings when all else is booked?

Old 11-30-2010 at 06:49 PM   #1
lux

Liked: 318 Times

Other places to have group meetings when all else is booked?
Let's say all of the rooms in the libraries are booked, and you need a place to have a group meeting. Anyone know a good alternative secret place to have meetings (preferably with a table. not too loud. etc.
Old 11-30-2010 at 06:52 PM   #2
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Lobby of CNH
Old 11-30-2010 at 06:54 PM   #3
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Just go to Commons anytime before 10:30. There aren't usually a lot of people in there are that time.
Old 11-30-2010 at 07:03 PM   #4
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Just go to Commons anytime before 10:30. There aren't usually a lot of people in there are that time.
Depending on the group size, there's usually always space in commons for a number of people to sit together.

Also, lobby of KTH, the Math Cafe in Hamilton Hall, back area of MDCL (although this won't give you a table, just lots of space), and (i dont know if this requires booking or not, because all the times I've been there, it's always empty) the seminar room on the 4th level of the Museum of Art.
Old 11-30-2010 at 07:18 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Another thing you can do is search MDCL for empty lecture halls. I know it's not very efficient, but there's usually one free most of the time. There are also rooms on the second or third floor of MDCL. I'm not sure if they are open for students to use though.
Old 11-30-2010 at 09:47 PM   #6
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Another thing you can do is search MDCL for empty lecture halls. I know it's not very efficient, but there's usually one free most of the time. There are also rooms on the second or third floor of MDCL. I'm not sure if they are open for students to use though.
I explored the upper levels of MDCL but reaching second and third floor requires keycard access (the stairs that leads to upper levels next to Tim Hortons). So I figured it's off limits for students.

How did you manage to get in?
Old 11-30-2010 at 11:11 PM   #7
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
I explored the upper levels of MDCL but reaching second and third floor requires keycard access (the stairs that leads to upper levels next to Tim Hortons). So I figured it's off limits for students.

You don't need key cards for the elevators.
Old 12-02-2010 at 04:26 PM   #8
BlackStar

Liked: 1 Time

BSB almost always has empty unlocked classrooms, especially in the basement and third floor.

Joey likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 05:19 PM   #9
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

up stairs MDCL
BSB tutorial room
Central area in ABB
There are a couple of room in the first floor of the JHE annex
JHE lobby
Couple of tables in the Mohawk building fist floor and some tutorial room but I don't know how easy they are to access after hours
psych lobby
down stairs in CNH their are some picnic table things
TSH lobby
KTH lobby both can be busy though
Commons is good but not my fave
T-29/T-28 can sometimes be open
Keys lobby
Clubs space in MSUC

sneak into a rez and use their common rooms....
Old 12-02-2010 at 11:22 PM   #10
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post

I took the elevators. It was summer 2009, during all the student Health and Safety Training, so maybe they opened all the keycard access areas since they knew there would be lots of students using the rooms..?
I haven't been there since that summer, it might have changed.