MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lined Paper! Infinity General Discussion 5 12-09-2009 10:45 PM
Buying origami paper killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 10-18-2009 10:32 AM
Recycled / Scrap Paper hmmmcurious General Discussion 2 04-11-2009 07:07 PM
Cheap Lined Paper in or around Campus hamza7 General Discussion 6 02-03-2009 04:59 PM

Paper Help

Old 03-04-2011 at 04:05 PM   #1
merc67

Liked: 17 Times

Paper Help
Hey,

I need help brainstorming ideas for a paper and just need awnsers to a general question on your ideas to how you react/ feel towards new people. Specificially new people in grade school who enter late in the year and interrupt your routine with friends etc. But this question can be applied to all situations. No ideas will be incorporated into my paper as the paper is on my perspective of being a new person but It'd be nice to know how others felt about the situation.

THANKS
Old 03-04-2011 at 05:48 PM   #2
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

You need to write a paper on friend-stealing transfer students? Sounds legit.

In my experience transfer students are usually on an exchange program or new to the country. Because everything is so new to them they are easy to make friends with (perhaps looking for a familiar comfort of belonging in a world of new/foreign stimuli?) I remember back in grade 1 there was a transfer student from Saudi Arabi who I became friends with. We dug a hole in the sand under the climber at my school roughly a metre deep and the principal game us a week of detention because the hole was "dangerous". We even wrote the word DANGER by the hole with sticks, that has to legally cover us! Anyway.. Good times. However that's really the only exchange student I made an effort to spend time with, so all the others were inconsequential to me. I hope this helps somehow.

merc67 says thanks to REPLEKIA/. for this post.
Old 03-04-2011 at 06:21 PM   #3
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

One of my best friends was an exchange sudent from Germany. She came in grade 11 for one year and we became BEST FRIENDS. We did everything together. Now, 4 years later, she is still one of my best friends and we write lettters back and forth all the time and call each other every couple of months. I miss her a lot and we hope to visit each other again. She made lots of friends when she was here and fitted really well in our hs.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 03-04-2011 at 09:07 PM.

merc67 says thanks to lizziepizzie for this post.
Old 03-04-2011 at 11:02 PM   #4
ShadowPlay
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 30 Times

In first grade, a teacher introduced my group of friends to the new girl and made us spend recess together. I remember thinking she was weird because she had a funny purple hat with little pom poms on it. But despite our mothers differing taste in hats, we became friends. We've been best friends since then. But I think it might be easier to accept people into your group of friends at a younger age, when being friends consists primarily of playing games and sharing snacks at recess.

merc67 says thanks to ShadowPlay for this post.