MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My road led to Mac, hi I'm Ish Ish001 Introduce Yourself 6 07-03-2010 12:24 AM
Science Society Mystery Road Trip temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-29-2010 08:28 PM
The Left and Right Side of Steve Dolson stevedolson Computers & Tech 52 02-09-2010 09:54 PM
Talk a Walk on the Wild Side ferreinm Misc 1 09-17-2008 03:14 PM

Parking on side road

Old 09-24-2010 at 06:23 PM   #1
Chris98

Liked: 51 Times

Parking on side road
Hey, on the roads that have a sign saying you can park there:

(P)
1 Hour
Mon- Fri
8am-6pm (or whatever it is)

I'm wondering if I am able to park there on saturday/sundays, and if so, can I park there as long as I want. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2010 at 09:25 PM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

that's like saying you're able to park from Friday 6pm - Monday 8am.

see the problem therE?
Old 09-25-2010 at 02:44 PM   #3
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris98 View Post
Hey, on the roads that have a sign saying you can park there:

(P)
1 Hour
Mon- Fri
8am-6pm (or whatever it is)

I'm wondering if I am able to park there on saturday/sundays, and if so, can I park there as long as I want. Thanks.
Yes you should be able to park there on weekends but the following restrictions always apply to street parking in Hamilton:

a) No parking for more than 12 hours in one spot
b) No parking between 2am and 7am on any thru street. Thru streets aren't actually marked as such, so you'll only really find out you were parked on a thru street when you get a ticket. Examples of thru streets (in downtown) are Queen St, Aberdeen, and King / Main.

You'll only get caught on a) if you're really there obnoxiously long (as in 3-4 days) or if a neighbour calls in and complains.

My favorite Hamilton parking rules are the "no parking on the third monday of the month from august - april." The day of the week, the number of week in the month and the months it apply change all over town (and sometimes change halfway down a street).
Old 09-25-2010 at 02:59 PM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
that's like saying you're able to park from Friday 6pm - Monday 8am.

see the problem therE?
someone delete this post quick!^^