MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac FROSH week recos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-09-2010 08:47 AM
Frosh Week Parties (clubcrawl) Mrlimelight Dating & Relationships 9 09-05-2010 07:41 PM
Frosh Parties Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 09-20-2009 05:53 PM
Frosh week Parties Katia General Discussion 2 09-06-2009 10:12 PM

Parties during Frosh Week 2010. . .

Old 08-19-2010
Mohit
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-19-2010 at 10:58 AM   #16
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatoai View Post
as long as you are 18+ or a first year, you can go to this event. my friend is 17 and shes going to 77 with us.
They should have really just called it first-year tickets instead of 18+ first year tickets -_-
Old 08-19-2010 at 11:31 AM   #17
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times

Oh.. the parties. There are so many. It's unbelieveable. Granted, they wont be animal house worthy, but still.. the parties.. wow.

A little inside info relating to what mike_302 said, START OFF PARTYING WITH YOUR RES. The night you move in, (Sat or Sun) there WILL be a party going on in one of the rooms. It will get busted but don't fear! You're all resoursefull new students and you will figure something out. I heard there's a room next door that hasn't been partied in.. These parties are where you get to meet the people you'll be living with for the next year, possibly where you're going to also meet your next best friend. Happened to me. I should make note here that, no matter how drunk you get to not commit floorcest (sexual relations with a member living on the same floor as you). Floorcest ruins floors.

Once you've got a few days of res partying done, branch out. While faculty day (tuesday morning) isn't necessarily a party, it's a great way to meet the kids you'll be suffering through your program with for the next 4 (to 7 for us eng. folk) years. This is a must. (For the eng. frosh, you're going to have to wake up early for that math test anyway so there's no excuse for missing faculty day!) Aside from the first years, you also get your first hand glimpse at the upper year reps (wearing really colourful jumpsuits) who I'm positive will be able to point you to not only great academic/life advise, but also the directions to the next unofficial cup sale (read: kegger) that may or may not (it will, it's frosh week..) be happening.

Move on to Thursday, faculty night. A much more relaxed but equally/more awesome faculty event. Another great way to meet people and get to know what your faculty is really all about.

But most importantly (again, for us Engineers, and possibly nurses (we love you nurses!)) is FROSH PUB. This is an ALL AGES event at a local pub and is GUARANTEED to be the best night of frosh week. Don't miss it. You'll hear all about when and where it is during faculty day, (another reason to go to that).

Jaff24 says thanks to FrankMiljour for this post.

dreamer21 likes this.
Old 08-19-2010 at 12:13 PM   #18
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Hey bro, I'll be throwing a party during frosh week, we'll be going over the course outlines for various courses, sharing studying tips, getting ahead in the readings, etc. It's BYOB (Bring Your Own Books), so you might wanna go to Titles beforehand. Everyone's invited, it'll probably be the most fun you'll have throughout all of university!
LOL YESSS!
Old 08-19-2010 at 03:30 PM   #19
Limbacker

Liked: 1 Time

Soooo pumped for all the things going down first week!
Old 08-19-2010 at 03:52 PM   #20
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

This thread has me more excited than the Welcome Week one
Old 08-19-2010 at 03:57 PM   #21
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiljour View Post
Oh.. the parties. There are so many. It's unbelieveable. Granted, they wont be animal house worthy, but still.. the parties.. wow.

A little inside info relating to what mike_302 said, START OFF PARTYING WITH YOUR RES. The night you move in, (Sat or Sun) there WILL be a party going on in one of the rooms. It will get busted but don't fear! You're all resoursefull new students and you will figure something out. I heard there's a room next door that hasn't been partied in.. These parties are where you get to meet the people you'll be living with for the next year, possibly where you're going to also meet your next best friend. Happened to me. I should make note here that, no matter how drunk you get to not commit floorcest (sexual relations with a member living on the same floor as you). Floorcest ruins floors.

Once you've got a few days of res partying done, branch out. While faculty day (tuesday morning) isn't necessarily a party, it's a great way to meet the kids you'll be suffering through your program with for the next 4 (to 7 for us eng. folk) years. This is a must. (For the eng. frosh, you're going to have to wake up early for that math test anyway so there's no excuse for missing faculty day!) Aside from the first years, you also get your first hand glimpse at the upper year reps (wearing really colourful jumpsuits) who I'm positive will be able to point you to not only great academic/life advise, but also the directions to the next unofficial cup sale (read: kegger) that may or may not (it will, it's frosh week..) be happening.

Move on to Thursday, faculty night. A much more relaxed but equally/more awesome faculty event. Another great way to meet people and get to know what your faculty is really all about.

But most importantly (again, for us Engineers, and possibly nurses (we love you nurses!)) is FROSH PUB. This is an ALL AGES event at a local pub and is GUARANTEED to be the best night of frosh week. Don't miss it. You'll hear all about when and where it is during faculty day, (another reason to go to that).

there were more than 16 cases of floorcest on my floor and well...I don't think it ruined our floor. if anything it brought us even closer
Old 08-19-2010 at 04:01 PM   #22
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Closer than you can imagine ?
Old 08-19-2010 at 06:19 PM   #23
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxtmann View Post
My roommate and I managed to host a few good parties during frosh week in res last year. It's not too hard as long as you have cool CA's, and you make sure you've introduced yourself to everyone in the immediate area. We got away with being loud because we went around and said hi to everyone on our floor as soon as we moved in, helped with a heavy bag or whatever, and were just all around nice guys. Paid off when we threw parties and didn't get any noise complaints. My CA generally wouldn't bust up a party unless he got a complaint from someone else in the building about it.

I rambled there, but like mike_302 said, you're definitely going to want to check out some off campus parties too, they're a lot of fun, good way to meet people from outside your res. You'll hear about them for sure when you get to Mac, don't really know of any planned right now.
Trololo! Found you. I am the roommate this dude above speaks of. :p

Protip: Befriend your welcome week reps, there will be upper-year parties to crash after frosh week/September haha!

teedee says thanks to Freak705 for this post.
Old 08-19-2010 at 06:52 PM   #24
Limbacker

any tips for 1st year off campus students when it comes to frosh week parties????
Old 08-20-2010 at 01:58 PM   #25
kevin13

Liked: 0 Times

off campus parties and hess are the way to go. gotta love being of age
Old 08-20-2010 at 02:02 PM   #26
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times

Frank Believes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL37 View Post
there were more than 16 cases of floorcest on my floor and well...I don't think it ruined our floor. if anything it brought us even closer

As long as no one gets awkward about it, by all means! I had a good time with it. Some others, not so much, hence my advice
Old 08-20-2010 at 03:06 PM   #27
cellphone

Liked: 5 Times

club mills and thode are the hottest clubs during frosh week. 4th floor is poppinnnnn
Old 08-20-2010 at 08:10 PM   #28
Salama

Liked: 0 Times

Lol damn, everyone here seems so ****in informed and in touch haha. i have no clue of any parties or anything... :( i'm so out of the loop...!!!
Old 08-21-2010 at 01:30 AM   #29
knguyens2

I want to have a dare night after getting drunk. i think it'd be fun. Anyone down?