MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Putting Student Account Balance into Payment Agreement Balance Zoobasaurus Financial Aid 1 09-11-2014 09:37 PM
What is "opening balance" and "student account balance" fatimaa Financial Aid 2 01-08-2014 10:45 AM
Student Account Balance Issue Taryn328 Academics 6 08-27-2012 05:39 PM
Balance in Student Account ? Sal123 Financial Aid 1 04-21-2012 05:32 PM
Balance in my Student Account kanvi_v30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-23-2011 08:13 PM

How to pay off Student Balance

Old 09-14-2014 at 12:17 PM   #1
levicorpus

Liked: 0 Times

How to pay off Student Balance
I tried paying my tuition by using TD bank online, but whenever I put a deposit in through EZweb it always ends up in my Student Account Balance. How do I make it so that it goes to the Payment Agreement balance? Also, I purchased two textbooks with my student card from the campus store. I used EZ web again to pay the exact amount, how do I know that this payment will go to the bookstore purchase and not tuition.
Thanks!!
Old 09-14-2014 at 02:24 PM   #2
jorando

Liked: 1 Time

As far as I know, you cannot "direct" payment to a specific purchase or tuition. The reason you see the two balances is because you haven't actually been charged for your tuition yet (assuming you got OSAP). If you agreed to pay the full amount, your account will be charged on September 15th and will be taken from whatever you have in your student account.

http://i.imgur.com/meE2vdf.png?1

This is my account statement right now. On the bottom it just shows the amount I have agreed to pay, whereas the top is my actual account balance. It's negative because I have paid the amount of my tuition before it's been charged to my account.
Old 09-14-2014 at 03:33 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Your payment agreement is not a balance! It is simply an agreement of the amount you will pay. Your money is going to your student account balance because that is exactly where it should go - that is where it shows how much money you owe the university (or how much the university owes you) taking into account ALL types of charges and all of your payments
If you charge textbooks to your student account, then the balance will show up there as owing, and then you pay the balance the same as you did before for tuition.

If you look at an itemized list, it will break down your total balance into different charges and payments, but in terms of you paying it off, all of the money goes to the same place.

Think of it as using your credit card to buy books and food. You'll get receipts that say how much money will be taken from your credit card limit, and then you have to go and pay off your credit card - but you don't have to worry about making a payment for books and a payment for food, because it all goes to the same place.

Did they somehow change the way things look this year? There have been several people thinking the payment agreement is a "balance", and I don't remember that ever being an issue in the past. But there's at least four different threads on MI asking the same question from this year.