MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
payment agreement :( lolabb Financial Aid 3 08-31-2010 11:01 PM
Payment Agreement help! Mfm12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-12-2010 02:56 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Payment agreement twitterbird General Discussion 6 08-18-2009 04:48 PM
payment agreement katie_batt Academics 25 06-29-2009 05:37 PM

Payment Agreement

Old 08-29-2010 at 11:50 PM   #1
vp15

Liked: 4 Times

Payment Agreement
If its due on september 1 and my draft or cheque is dated before september 1 is it considered on time if I mail it even though they may receive it late?
Old 08-30-2010 at 08:52 AM   #2
GrahamA

Liked: 0 Times

I think that it is only considered "on time" if they receive it before the due date, becasue they say something here about "To avoid late payment charges, please ensure that your payment is received by September 1." then later (under "cheque/money order/bank draft) "In order to avoid the per-term $35.00 Flex Plan Fee, payment is due at the Student Accounts & Cashiers office no later than September 1."
Old 08-31-2010 at 10:26 PM   #3
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times

hi can someone please help me understand the info on my payment agreement?
FINANCIAL SUMMARY (Based on Current Student Record) Installment Amount
(funding options) $ 3960.00McMaster Scholarship(s) $ 3960.00 Balance Forward$ 0.00

i chose osap and mcmaster scholarships (4500) as payment options but my funding summary only says 3960. Also, if I chose the flax plan osap option as my way of payment can I still send Mac a cheque for all of my fees cuz i try to change my payment agreement but it won't let me>

thank you very much in advance!!
Old 08-31-2010 at 10:50 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by belindz! View Post
hi can someone please help me understand the info on my payment agreement?
FINANCIAL SUMMARY (Based on Current Student Record) Installment Amount
(funding options) $ 3960.00McMaster Scholarship(s) $ 3960.00 Balance Forward$ 0.00

i chose osap and mcmaster scholarships (4500) as payment options but my funding summary only says 3960. Also, if I chose the flax plan osap option as my way of payment can I still send Mac a cheque for all of my fees cuz i try to change my payment agreement but it won't let me>

thank you very much in advance!!
The entire 4500 will go to your student account but 3960 will go to your payment agreement balance. You can ask for a cheque for the rest from Student Accounts and Cashiers.

Yes, you can pay the rest of your money at any time. If you want you can pay them later in September before the 30th. Right now you don't owe them any money for the deadline, so there is no need to rush payment. As long as you pay before September 30th you won't collect interest.
Old 08-31-2010 at 10:55 PM   #5
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The entire 4500 will go to your student account but 3960 will go to your payment agreement balance. You can ask for a cheque for the rest from Student Accounts and Cashiers.

Yes, you can pay the rest of your money at any time. If you want you can pay them later in September before the 30th. Right now you don't owe them any money for the deadline, so there is no need to rush payment. As long as you pay before September 30th you won't collect interest.
thank you so much