MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What should I pay? (Payment Agreement: Flex Plan - OSAP) SilentWalker Financial Aid 5 08-31-2010 10:41 PM
I got the wrong meal plan in the Payment Agreement chanduru First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-07-2010 09:52 PM
Payment agreement shows the price of rez and meal plan. juntom10 Residence & Housing 9 06-15-2010 03:12 PM
meal plan p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 10-07-2009 09:45 PM
payment agreement - installment plan ashleeeyyy Academics 4 08-18-2008 10:33 AM

payment agreement, default rez and meal plan??

Old 07-03-2009 at 04:51 AM   #1
chico

Liked: 0 Times

payment agreement, default rez and meal plan??
hi
i just finished with SOLAR and was going to confirm my payment agreement, but I noticed that in the STUDENT FEE CRITERIA under residence and meal plan it says "defaulted". Also these fees (in STUDENT FEE TOTALS) for residence and meal plan don't correspond to the type of room i was assigned to and meal plan i have. (ie my meal plan is light plan A it should be $2575 yet it says $2975)
is this suppose to happen? are these fees adjusted after?? or is there something wrong with my application??

thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2009 at 06:20 AM   #2
precious

Liked: 1 Time

Same with me. I think its says that for now but once mugsi gets the updated info it will change it. Then we probably have to confirm it again.
Old 07-03-2009 at 07:30 AM   #3
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Precious is correct.

This confirm it now, and then when the information is updated later, you'll just have to reconfirm it.
Old 07-03-2009 at 09:46 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Don't forget you're technically not official McMaster University students yet as you haven't got your confirmation letter.

So it's probably not until mid-July or so that everything will be correct.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-03-2009 at 09:55 AM   #5
tan_90

I'm also a first year student and wanted to know if we have to make the payment just after picking the courses on solar. I mean can I make the payment later i.e when solar re-opens? What's the deadline?

Thanks for your help
Old 07-03-2009 at 09:59 AM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You can choose your payment agreement afterwards; there is technically a separate option when you log into MUGSI. Every year I forget to do it in the seven-day window, but do it a week or so later (I did mine a few days ago).

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

tan_90 says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:19 AM   #7
kanagaap

i finished SOLAR.. buh wen i came to the part about the payment agreement it wouldnt let me confirm anythin.. i don't kno wat to do.. can anyone help?
Old 07-03-2009
lorend
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:31 AM   #8
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_90 View Post
I'm also a first year student and wanted to know if we have to make the payment just after picking the courses on solar. I mean can I make the payment later i.e when solar re-opens? What's the deadline?

Thanks for your help
The payment deadline should show up at the end of your payment agreement. The deadline for your first payment should be September 1st.

See this link for dates & deadlines:
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /getre...deadlines.html

tan_90 says thanks to nh999 for this post.
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:34 AM   #9
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagaap View Post
i finished SOLAR.. buh wen i came to the part about the payment agreement it wouldnt let me confirm anythin.. i don't kno wat to do.. can anyone help?
It should let you confirm...there's a button at the end that says "Confirm". It's just that the system assumes you're going to make changes to your agreement as long as you're still on the page. As long as you have pressed at least once, there should be a confirmation time or something similar that shows up near or next to your name (don't remember exactly). After this, you can just press exit or just exit the window.

You DON'T have to press confirm again unless you want to make any new changes.
Old 07-04-2009 at 03:28 AM   #10
tan_90

If I make the payment for my courses on solar and later on want to drop or add a course, is this possible? Or do we have to pay an additional fee or something like that?
Old 07-04-2009 at 06:47 AM   #11
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

If you add a course you'll have to pay whatever fee it is for the course.
If you drop a course you might get some money back. If you drop by a certain date you'll get everything back, then another deadline you get like 50% back or something like that and then past that date you don't get anything back.

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /registered/index.html

The first date is the date that you would get the full amount back for a course and the second date is when you'll get a portion of the money back. And it gives the dates for term 1, 2 and 3.

tan_90 says thanks to ingénieur.xo for this post.
Old 07-04-2009 at 08:06 AM   #12
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Don't forget you're technically not official McMaster University students yet as you haven't got your confirmation letter.

So it's probably not until mid-July or so that everything will be correct.
Do we get the confirmation letter through surface mail or via email?
Old 07-04-2009
nh999
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-04-2009 at 10:23 AM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Do we get the confirmation letter through surface mail or via email?
They should send confirmation packages through surface mail. If you are a new student you'll get your MacID and sticker as well. If you are a returning student, you get the sticker.