MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
payment in full question smshlyxlhl Financial Aid 8 08-31-2010 01:24 PM
Full Course....??!! giddz Academics 1 08-30-2010 12:35 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Question: McMaster Bursary and the Full Payment Option. FlyWithMac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 09-21-2008 06:58 PM
Getting into a full course... Wolf11 Academics 1 09-07-2008 12:11 AM

Payment in Full

Old 07-02-2009 at 01:53 PM   #1
Sultan

Liked: 3 Times

Payment in Full
If I'm getting OSAP funding, can I choose the payment in full option? I realize that money doesn't come out later but is there anything I should be looking out for?
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:55 PM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
If I'm getting OSAP funding, can I choose the payment in full option? I realize that money doesn't come out later but is there anything I should be looking out for?
You can still choose the payment in full option. The OSAP amount will be deducted from what you have to pay, and you then just need to go "pick up" your OSAP by September 30th and you'll be fine.
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:58 PM   #3
Sultan

So nothing to be concerned about? Would you recommend this option? Or is there something better?
Old 07-02-2009 at 01:59 PM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
So nothing to be concerned about? Would you recommend this option? Or is there something better?
If you can afford it, payment in full is by far the best. Otherwise you start to accrue interest and that's not optimal.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:00 PM   #5
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

You can most definitely use your OSAP to pay your tuition in full. Something you should keep in mind, however, is that you will most likely not get any money from OSAP in September. All of the money you should be getting in September will directly go to pay off your tuition. However, you will get some funds in January.

edit: so you should make sure you have enough money saved up for all the other expenses you will have to deal with in September (such as textbook costs).

Last edited by rrtt : 07-02-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:16 PM   #6
Sultan

Alright, I see. So if I pay in full before OSAP comes out in Sept. and that OSAP funding is used to pay my tuition what happens to the money I paid prior to OSAP? Or is it that I only pay a certain amount and OSAP fills the rest?
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:16 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
You can most definitely use your OSAP to pay your tuition in full. Something you should keep in mind, however, is that you will most likely not get any money from OSAP in September. All of the money you should be getting in September will directly go to pay off your tuition. However, you will get some funds in January.

edit: so you should make sure you have enough money saved up for all the other expenses you will have to deal with in September (such as textbook costs).
That is correct. I believe it's 60% in September and 40% in January.

I would also like to add that you'll have to re-confirm your payment agreement once McMaster has received information from OSAP regarding how much they are providing.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:18 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Alright, I see. So if I pay in full before OSAP comes out in Sept. and that OSAP funding is used to pay my tuition what happens to the money I paid prior to OSAP? Or is it that I only pay a certain amount and OSAP fills the rest?
Basically the 60% of your total OSAP will go towards your tuition in September. That amount will be deducted from your tuition. You'll have to pay the rest. Then when you get the rest of OSAP in January that can go into your bank.
Old 07-02-2009 at 02:26 PM   #9
Sultan

Alright, I think I get it now. Thanks a lot everyone (this stuff is confusing for a first year like me )
Old 07-02-2009 at 05:38 PM   #10
yas1

Liked: 0 Times

does osap money go directly into my tuition or into my bank account ?...osap is paying in sept and january so if i pay in full i have to pay the amount left for osap to pay in january in the beginning of the yea, and then in january osap will put the money i paid into my bank account?
how does osap put the money in my bank if it doesnt know my account number?
does payment in full mean i have to pay the whole tuition in september?
sry if my questions have been already asked ..but i need this to be clarified..thank u so much !
Old 07-02-2009 at 08:05 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yas1 View Post
does osap money go directly into my tuition or into my bank account ?...osap is paying in sept and january so if i pay in full i have to pay the amount left for osap to pay in january in the beginning of the yea, and then in january osap will put the money i paid into my bank account?
how does osap put the money in my bank if it doesnt know my account number?
does payment in full mean i have to pay the whole tuition in september?
sry if my questions have been already asked ..but i need this to be clarified..thank u so much !
OSAP releases 60% to go directly into your tuition in September upon pick-up.

You pay the rest on September 1st (I suggest a couple business days before though) assuming you are paying in full.

You get the rest of OSAP in January where you will have to bring a void check. They will then deposit the OSAP money in your bank account.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:26 AM   #12
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

just asking...what is the last date for fee payment if you've chosen payment in full plan??
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:29 AM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
just asking...what is the last date for fee payment if you've chosen payment in full plan??
That would be September 1st I believe. It says so when you click for a summary of your payment agreement before you confirm.
Old 07-03-2009 at 01:31 AM   #14
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

oh ok, thanks ...ive already paid around 50% right now..will pay the rest later