MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment question Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-10-2010 10:55 AM
Question regarding payment agreement exuberant888 Financial Aid 3 08-29-2010 10:55 AM
Payment Question lawleypop General Discussion 4 09-03-2009 02:16 PM
Payment Agreement question mikefung Financial Aid 1 07-03-2009 08:00 PM
Payment Question Harlequin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2008 05:06 PM

Payment Question

Old 08-27-2010 at 02:55 PM   #1
mizz.s.

Liked: 0 Times

Payment Question
sorry if this is a stupid question but i dont want to take any chances,

ive already paid my fees for 30 units but now want to hold an extra course, will this intefere with my payment or registeration courses in any way if i plan on dropping a course eventually (so coming back to original payment amount)?
Old 08-27-2010 at 02:59 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizz.s. View Post
sorry if this is a stupid question but i dont want to take any chances,

ive already paid my fees for 30 units but now want to hold an extra course, will this intefere with my payment or registeration courses in any way if i plan on dropping a course eventually (so coming back to original payment amount)?
If you drop it before the drop/add deadline then you get a full refund (credited to your student account, you can then ask for a cheque from Accounts & Cashiers). If you cancel a course you get a partial refund. http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p...ncellation.pdf

If you add the course now, you will have to pay for it immediately. If you wait until September 1st, you can pay any time before September 30th. If you don't pay before September 30th, you get charged interest.
Old 08-27-2010 at 03:17 PM   #3
mizz.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If you drop it before the drop/add deadline then you get a full refund (credited to your student account, you can then ask for a cheque from Accounts & Cashiers). If you cancel a course you get a partial refund. http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p...ncellation.pdf

If you add the course now, you will have to pay for it immediately. If you wait until September 1st, you can pay any time before September 30th. If you don't pay before September 30th, you get charged interest.
so if I dont want to make any more payments than I already have, you are saying I should wait until sept 1 to add the course (and then drop it)?
Old 08-27-2010 at 03:22 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
so if I dont want to make any more payments than I already have, you are saying I should wait until sept 1 to add the course (and then drop it)?
Yeah, the way I understand it, anything you add before September 1st has to be paid by September 1st (or a fraction of it depending on your payment plan).

If you are planning to drop it then why are you planning to add it? I'm just slightly confused about that.

Anyways, my point is that I'm not entirely sure if you can add a course now and not have to pay for it by September 1st. It would make sense if you had to. So if you can way until after September 1st, then I suggest you do. It's the safest thing to do. It's too late now but on Monday you can call Accounts and Cashiers and ask them if you have to pay before September 1st if you add a course now.
Old 08-27-2010 at 03:29 PM   #5
mizz.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, the way I understand it, anything you add before September 1st has to be paid by September 1st (or a fraction of it depending on your payment plan).

If you are planning to drop it then why are you planning to add it? I'm just slightly confused about that.

Anyways, my point is that I'm not entirely sure if you can add a course now and not have to pay for it by September 1st. It would make sense if you had to. So if you can way until after September 1st, then I suggest you do. It's the safest thing to do. It's too late now but on Monday you can call Accounts and Cashiers and ask them if you have to pay before September 1st if you add a course now.
Okay, thats what I would make of it too.

Sorry for the confusion I didnt mean dropping that exact course but dropping a course to come back to 30 units.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2010 at 03:35 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Okay, thats what I would make of it too.

Sorry for the confusion I didnt mean dropping that exact course but dropping a course to come back to 30 units.

Thanks
Oh ok, yeah that makes a lot more sense now XD