MacInsiders Logo

Pedophiles

Old 10-16-2010 at 06:40 PM   #1
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

Pedophiles
Okay, so I was on facebook and on the event section there was this "R.I.P. ;; In memory of the recent suicides due to gay abuse, wear purple." I clicked it and read one of the posts on the bottom and one of them reads
Questin Gay***s; You cannot decide if you if you are Homosex right? Well what about Pedophiles, they cannot control their though. Why aren't more people accepting of Pedos. You cant choose you're sexual preferences then why is it wrong?

Anyways, for some reason, I feel offended by this post as I am strongly against pedophilia . Am I just too intolerant? Has the world changed its views while I was stuck in my room studying? :(
Old 10-16-2010 at 06:45 PM   #2
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

The world is a crucible.
Old 10-16-2010 at 06:46 PM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

wtf is wrong with you?
Old 10-16-2010 at 06:49 PM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyshi View Post
Okay, so I was on facebook and on the event section there was this "R.I.P. ;; In memory of the recent suicides due to gay abuse, wear purple." I clicked it and read one of the posts on the bottom and one of them reads
Questin Gay***s; You cannot decide if you if you are Homosex right? Well what about Pedophiles, they cannot control their though. Why aren't more people accepting of Pedos. You cant choose you're sexual preferences then why is it wrong?

Anyways, for some reason, I feel offended by this post as I am strongly against pedophilia . Am I just too intolerant? Has the world changed its views while I was stuck in my room studying? :(
I was more offended by his blatant disregard for the English language than the actual content of the post. It's like a post by a certain user here, except more rude.

He's obviously trolling. There's a clear difference in that the relationship between a pedophile and a minor generally isn't consensual. Even if was on the surface, the child is probably too young to realize what he/she's getting into anyway, or has been mentally scarred and is being manipulated.

Consensual homosexuality is fine. Non-consensual stuff is what's bad, regardless of sexuality.

nerual likes this.
Old 10-16-2010 at 06:59 PM   #5
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

okay, he went about it the wrong way but the dude HAS a point. A sexual preference isn't something people choose and therefore shouldn't be discriminated against. Pedophilia however is touchy, while there is no real problem with simply being a pedophile and liking children, people who actually commits act of pedophilia and/or own child pron have to violate the rights of minors, and that is where the negative connotation with the term pedophilia comes in. So you are partially correct to dislike pedophiles, because anyone who can be publicly known as a pedophile has most likely committed or aided in unlawful acts against minors. Thus we discriminate against pedophilic criminals, and unfairly generalize the less radical pedophiles
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:06 PM   #6
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

It's simple. A homosexual relationship occurs with the consent of both parties. A pedophile rarely asks child's permission before stuff happens, and probably will continue if the minor says no. It's comparable to rape. If the minor does consent, it still isn't legal. A minor's a minor.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:09 PM   #7
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
It's simple. A homosexual relationship occurs with the consent of both parties. A pedophile doesn't ask a child permission before stuff happens. Even if he does, the child isn't legal. It's comparable to rape.
Exactly, but as long as the pedophile never violates a child I think it's fine. Most pedophiles are sensible enough to never do anything inappropriate to an actual child and I don't feel it's fair to discriminate against sensible pedos.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:15 PM   #8
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
Exactly, but as long as the pedophile never violates a child I think it's fine. Most pedophiles are sensible enough to never do anything inappropriate to an actual child and I don't feel it's fair to discriminate against sensible pedos.
Heh, "sensible pedos"

Anyway, pedophile is a bit of a blanket term, theres a big difference between a man who wants to sleep with a 17 vs a man who wants to sleep with a 13 or a man who wants to sleep with a 7 year old. The first person is considered a pedophile in quite a few places in the world, but I really don't see much wrong with it as long as it's consensual. The other two groups have issues (i.e. rarely consensual, usually involves coercion and abusing unbalanced relationships).

Last edited by Tailsnake : 10-16-2010 at 07:17 PM.

REPLEKIA/. says thanks to Tailsnake for this post.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:17 PM   #9
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Lmao...sensible pedos. WTF is a sensible pedo. Pedos are pedos, defined by lusting for a minor. Which is a no-no. Not sensible.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:30 PM   #10
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Lmao...sensible pedos. WTF is a sensible pedo. Pedos are pedos, defined by lusting for a minor. Which is a no-no. Not sensible.
Well if a pedophile lusts after someone but never does anything on it, has he done anything wrong? No, not really. He's sensible enough to know that even though he can't control the lust, he cannot act on it. Pedophilia isn't even as uncommon as people think it is. Think about it: your body hits puberty @ ~ 12-13 so if we went by natural instinct pedophilia would be normal and acceptable. It's only society that dictates it be bad. But like tailsnake mentioned, it is a bit of a blanket term, lusting after anything under pubescence can never truly be justified.

Edit: Think about it. We view 18 years of age as adulthood, but this view is not shared by most of the world. ex. Japan can marry @ 16, many other countries can marry @ 13.

Last edited by Replekia : 10-16-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:33 PM   #11
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
Well if a pedophile lusts after someone but never does anything on it, has he done anything wrong? No, not really. He's sensible enough to know that even though he can't control the lust, he cannot act on it. Pedophilia isn't even as uncommon as people think it is. Think about it: your body hits puberty @ ~ 12-13 so if we went by natural instinct pedophilia would be normal and acceptable. It's only society that dictates it be bad. But like tailsnake mentioned, it is a bit of a blanket term, lusting after anything under pubescence can never truly be justified.
True tingz

<12char>
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:36 PM   #12
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Heh, "sensible pedos"

Anyway, pedophile is a bit of a blanket term, theres a big difference between a man who wants to sleep with a 17 vs a man who wants to sleep with a 13 or a man who wants to sleep with a 7 year old. The first person is considered a pedophile in quite a few places in the world, but I really don't see much wrong with it as long as it's consensual. The other two groups have issues (i.e. rarely consensual, usually involves coercion and abusing unbalanced relationships).
Ephebophila is a term that many neglect or are unaware of. We need to keep it distinct from pedophilia.

I think it's fine considering people begin/are in the process of their sexual maturity at that age. Considering how fast girls seem to be growing up these days though (Miley...!), it's something that can't really be helped.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:38 PM   #13
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Ephebophila is a term that many neglect or are unaware of. We need to keep it distinct from pedophilia.

I think it's fine considering people begin/are in the process of their sexual maturity at that age. Considering how fast girls seem to be growing up these days though (Miley...!), it's something that can't really be helped.
True and true. Miley went from eww to 'I'd tap that'.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:38 PM   #14
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

It's not about sexual preference, it's about taking a child's innocence away from them (society's view). The "EW" factor can be put aside from it all, but the fact that a child is being put into a position that violates their rights and their innocence is the problem.

How are you not getting this? The genetics or whatever of it all is irrelevent. If something is deemed as wrong by society there is nothing that they can do but attempt not to violate the norm. Violation of the norm is terms for discourse.

Old 10-16-2010 at 07:43 PM   #15
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

There is also obviously a difference between being sexually attracted to a developing teenage male or female (within boundaries, because as said above, you can never really tell these days), and being sexually attracted to children...