MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Solar reopening on the 11th? schad17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-09-2010 02:54 PM
Timetables released! blackdragon Academics 156 08-19-2009 02:52 PM
Personal Timetables Updates News Thread Chad Academics 6 08-03-2007 06:44 PM

Personal Timetables Will Be Released On Aug 11th

Old 08-11-2009 at 12:53 PM   #15
Harshi

Liked: 0 Times
Is the process of changing our timetable similar to how we chose our courses on solar?
09-10

Old 08-11-2009 at 12:54 PM   #16
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshi View Post
Is the process of changing our timetable similar to how we chose our courses on solar?
It's exactly like how you choose your courses. Now, next to your course selections on SOLAR, there will be drop down menus for the core, tutorial and lab sections in that course.

Old 08-11-2009 at 01:31 PM   #17
Harshi

okayy thanks =)
09-10

Old 08-11-2009 at 01:40 PM   #18
R633

Liked: 24 Times
What does it mean if there is a "E W O" marker above a lab, or tutorial time on the timetable?

Old 08-11-2009 at 01:44 PM   #19
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times
I think you mean "EOW" and it's "every other week".

Old 08-11-2009 at 01:45 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R633 View Post
What does it mean if there is a "E W O" marker above a lab, or tutorial time on the timetable?
EOW = Every Other Week.

Old 08-11-2009 at 02:04 PM   #21
tan_90

Hi..
I just saw my personal timetable and was wondering if it's possible to change courses when solar re-opens? I mean will solar re-arrange my timetable again for my new courses or will I have to do it by myself?

Thanks!!!

Old 08-11-2009 at 02:05 PM   #22
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan_90 View Post
Hi..
I just saw my personal timetable and was wondering if it's possible to change courses when solar re-opens? I mean will solar re-arrange my timetable again for my new courses or will I have to do it by myself?

Thanks!!!
Nope, you do all the arranging yourself from here on in. You can drop, add and change courses and it's tutorials and labs and that will be your timetable.

Old 08-11-2009 at 02:05 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Hi..

Thanks!!!
You will have to select your sections manually.

Old 08-11-2009 at 02:07 PM   #24
tan_90

Ok thnx..So I select in on solar right and then re-arrange my timetable on solar?

Old 08-11-2009 at 02:20 PM   #25
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Ok thnx..So I select in on solar right and then re-arrange my timetable on solar?
All you have to do is select your sections and it will automatically change on your timetable - however, it says that it takes about an hour for changes to take effect.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to feonateresa for this post.

Old 08-12-2009 at 10:44 PM   #26
maby

Sorry, just to clarify: so we can drop courses and take new ones tomorrow on SOLAR? And if we do pick a new course, will a new core and lab/tutorial be automatically picked for that course by SOLAR? And then will we have to change up our timetable again ourselves (to get more desirable times)?

Sorry if I had to make anything repeated, i just want to know for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-12-2009 at 10:47 PM   #27
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maby View Post
Sorry, just to clarify: so we can drop courses and take new ones tomorrow on SOLAR? And if we do pick a new course, will a new core and lab/tutorial be automatically picked for that course by SOLAR? And then will we have to change up our timetable again ourselves (to get more desirable times)?

Sorry if I had to make anything repeated, i just want to know for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated
You can drop courses whenever you want after tomorrow, but just a tidbit, dropping courses after September 21st will result in academic penalty - that is, it'll show up on your transcript.

If you pick a new course, you'll have to pick core and lab/tutorial sections yourself. That wouldn't have been the case a few weeks ago, but now we have control over all the section times.

SOLAR really isn't going to do anything more at this point, you're flying solo with your timetable now and how you change it is up to you.

maby likes this.

Old 08-12-2009 at 10:55 PM   #28
maby

Thanks so much! But SOLAR would at least pick the core times for a new course right? Also, would it be advisable to log on to MUGSI at like 8:00 since SOLAR opens at 8:30am? Or is it better to be on even earlier?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks again for everything.

Old 08-12-2009 at 11:00 PM   #29
feonateresa
Elite Member

Well, I mean, a class only has so many cores, so once you pick one, the time is already there. That's why you gotta consult the Master Timetable to see what times each core occurs, and pick the one you want on SOLAR.

OH! And as for when to log in, yeah, about 7:30-8:00 is good, but you might not even get in then. Make sure you log into MUGSI first, because MUGSI has a limit as well.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search