MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone in Philosophy 3Q03 - Philosophy of Law? MacStudent06 Academics 2 09-29-2010 07:06 PM
Too Much Philosophy? Chambini Academics 5 06-27-2010 04:09 PM
Philosophy 1D03 veasnaphan 1st Year Course Reviews 0 01-06-2009 11:51 PM
Philosophy Goce Academics 0 09-04-2007 09:00 PM

Philosophy

Old 06-21-2011 at 08:07 PM   #1
Buddastotle

Liked: 5 Times

Philosophy
Just wondering, what would a test in philosphy 1a03 look like, what sort of questions would they ask; In addition, what kind of essay topics are assigned?
Old 06-21-2011 at 08:14 PM   #2
abelon3

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddastotle View Post
Just wondering, what would a test in philosphy 1a03 look like, what sort of questions would they ask; In addition, what kind of essay topics are assigned?
I've always wondered about this too. I've heard of some philosophy exams where there would be one question asking "Why?"
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:12 PM   #3
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

there are no tests in this course. only 3 essays over the term and a final exam which is also an essay.

topic (essay questions) for the final exam is given on the last day of class.

Course Review: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...tr=P&t=18 341

Buddastotle says thanks to icecubz for this post.
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:37 PM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelon3 View Post
I've always wondered about this too. I've heard of some philosophy exams where there would be one question asking "Why?"
I've actually heard something like this too before. It seems kinda unrealistic though.
Old 06-21-2011 at 09:49 PM   #5
Buddastotle

Quote:
that would be soo amazing, so much freedom to validate premises and make up utter crap! gotta love philosophy
Old 06-21-2011 at 11:47 PM   #6
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
that would be soo amazing, so much freedom to validate premises and make up utter crap! gotta love philosophy
...And so much freedom for the prof to absolutely rip apart your answer. The profs have their PhD's, and will promptly tear you a new one if your argument lacks even one argument of believability.

Old 06-22-2011 at 12:28 AM   #7
Buddastotle

i know i know, i thought TA mark papers?
Old 06-22-2011 at 12:32 AM   #8
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
i know i know, i thought TA mark papers?
Yes, they mark the papers but some of them go on power trips for some unknown reason. As for exams, sometimes the prof will take the liberty of marking the essay sections. Either way, philosophy is awesome and probably one of the best courses I took first year.
Old 06-22-2011 at 02:54 AM   #9
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

i agree with the above post, I took pilosphy 1D03 and it really changed the way I see things, literally
Old 06-22-2011 at 09:43 AM   #10
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
That sounds like nonsense.

Contrary to what most people outside philosophy seem to believe, a large portion of modern philosophizing occurs on issues like this:

Philosophy is quite specific in general, and very specific when you consider particular branches of the discipline.

oranges likes this.