MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Physician Assistant Day PAstudent General Discussion 0 11-10-2013 09:22 AM
National Physician Assistant Day! PAstudent MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-26-2012 02:14 PM
physician's assistant program Rain General Discussion 6 09-21-2009 10:35 PM
Physician Assistant Program? sanahsameen Academics 4 12-25-2008 11:22 AM

Physician Assistant Program Experience

Old 11-01-2014 at 02:14 PM   #1
lyrycist

Liked: 0 Times

Physician Assistant Program Experience
Hello!

I am new to this forum and have joined to gain greater insight into the life of a student enrolled in the PA program.

I've been reading online for the last four or five days about admission policies, job outlook, areas of practice etc. and I've found a couple blogs from recent graduates.

However, I am looking for more information more unique to my situation to help me decide on applying. I am currently a full-time Univ. student (2nd yr.BA social sciences) and I am also a mom.

Did anyone get into this program with the minimum 3.0 GPA? What about volunteer experience? Is there a particular type anyone can recommend?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2014 at 08:43 AM   #2
Annie

Liked: 8 Times

Thanks for your interest in the program! I was a McMaster alumni and got into the PA program in 2009. I'm class of 2011 PA program graduate and have now been practicing as a Physician Assistant in Orthopaedic Surgery for 3 years. Here are some resources to get you started:

My blog - I get a lot of questions about the PA program so I compiled a summary of answers to those questions here:
http://anneccpa.wordpress.co m/p/pre-pa-students-2/

1st year McMaster PA Student Blog - You can also find more information from another current 1st year PA student, Sandy here:
http://sandythepa.wordpress. com/

McMaster PA Program Student Resource: written by and for PA students, you can take a look at the curriculum here:
http://mcmasterpa.weebly.com

PA Program Information Night: There's an upcoming PA program information session where you can meet with the dena of the program, current PA students, and some PA alumni who are now practicing in southern Ontario to have your specific questions answered. Registration is not required. I strongly recommend you attend:

Wednesday, November 26th, 2014
@7pm in HSC 1A1
Campus map: (building #37)

lyrycist says thanks to Annie for this post.

lyrycist likes this.