MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to find a course syllabus rumbleen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-30-2013 04:15 PM
Enviro 1A03 OR Microecon? Bio 1M03 or 1A03 first semester? Physics 1L03 OR 1B03? :$ lalalola2011 Academics 23 07-04-2012 10:44 AM
Does anyone have LING 1A03 course syllabus Desda Academics 2 09-16-2011 04:06 PM
Course syllabus available? SC04 Academics 2 07-23-2011 01:37 PM
Music 1A03 Syllabus Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-19-2009 05:57 PM

PHYSICS 1A03 Course syllabus

Old 05-21-2015 at 12:16 AM   #1
DanielleP

Liked: 0 Times

PHYSICS 1A03 Course syllabus
Hey there! does anyone know the topics that will be covered in physics 1ao3? (the new course for students who haven't taken grade 11 or 12) ?
Thanks!
Old 05-21-2015 at 02:13 AM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

I believe you're still going to be covering the same topics as Physics 1B03 but the approach will be geared towards those who have never taken physics. So it will probably be significant figures, calculating and measuring error, vectors, 1D Kinematics, 2D Kinematics, Dynamics, Energy, Momentum, waves (general waves, sound waves, optics) and fluids. It really helps if you've taken physics in high school, just so that you've at least seen the material before and you'll be a bit more comfortable with the material

DanielleP says thanks to Imperious for this post.
Old 05-24-2015 at 12:08 AM   #3
DanielleP

Liked: 0 Times

wouldn't it be more like physics 1L03? because it is specifically for students who have never taken physics course?
I don't even have grade eleven so I am trying to teach myself some basics over the summer..
Old 05-24-2015 at 12:49 AM   #4
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

It should be similar to 1L03 because it's for people who haven't physics in high school. Learning-wise it should be similar in approach but content-wise it's probably going to be a heavy work load for those who haven't done physics. I get a strong feeling that this course is not gonna go so well. I took 1B03 this year and the profs were really rushing and we usually spent 1 week per unit. However 1B03 was for people who had the grade 12 physics credit and so all the material from January up until March should have been review. And this is where those people who have grade 11+12 physics credits taking Physics 1A03, would have an advantage because they've done it all before and it should be a piece of cake. But now since theyre teaching the exact same material in the same amount of time but to people who have never done physics before I get the feeling theyre going to have to skim through a lot or introduce online modules where you're going to have to learn on your own simply because there's not enough time.

Last edited by Imperious : 05-24-2015 at 12:55 AM.