MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PHYSICS 1A03 Course syllabus DanielleP Academics 3 05-24-2015 12:49 AM
Enviro 1A03 OR Microecon? Bio 1M03 or 1A03 first semester? Physics 1L03 OR 1B03? :$ lalalola2011 Academics 23 07-04-2012 10:44 AM

Physics 1A03 is a prerequisite for physics 1A03?

Old 06-27-2015 at 04:15 PM   #1
Leadgame

Liked: 0 Times

Physics 1A03 is a prerequisite for physics 1A03?
All the enrollment message says is:

---
Error: Unable to add this class - requisites have not been met.

PHYSICS 1A03
---

When I search the actual requisites online, this is what I see:

---
Prerequisite(s): One of Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors U, Grade 12 Advanced Functions and Introductory Calculus U, MATH 1F03
Co-requisite(s): WHMIS 1A00 (or SCIENCE 1A00) if not already completed. Must be completed prior to the first lab.
Antirequisite(s): PHYSICS 1B03, 1C03
Not open to students with credit or registration in ISCI 1A24 or PHYSICS 1D03.
---

Can anybody offer some advice on this issue? I'm a health sciences student, but I want to keep my options open by taking physics courses. I haven't taken any physics at all in high school, but I am learning as much as I can over the summer, and my math marks are good. I've signed up for WHMIS 1A00-C01 already in the fall semester. Is there something I am missing here about the requisites? And if for some reason I am indeed ineligible for Physics A103, what are my options from there, if I want to consider transferring to another university/program for something like engineering?

To note, I can't find any information on what Introductory Calculus (U) is - I've taken IB SL Math, which gets counted as Calculus and Vectors, and Advanced Functions.
Old 06-27-2015 at 04:32 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Just a guess but maybe it requires enrolment in a university level calculus course in order to enrol in this course. try enrolling in Math 1A03/1LS3 with this course
Old 06-27-2015 at 05:06 PM   #3
Leadgame

Liked: 0 Times

Hmmm... the problem seems to have resolved itself, actually. I can apply for physics 1A03, without math (although I did end up enrolling in that anyway). Unfortunately though, in the time passed, tutorial slots for physics 1AA3 in winter semester have filled up, and I cannot take that course now. What are my options if I want to take physics II in first year?
Old 06-27-2015 at 06:58 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Wait until December/early January when people fail 1A03 and therefore have to drop out of 1AA3 in second term - this was actually what I was told by a science academic advisor regarding physics 1L03 and 1B03 when I was in first year; I wanted 1B03 second term and it was full, and they wouldn't open up a spot for me because they knew people would fail 1L03 in first term and have to drop 1B03.