MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why don't Physics 1B03/Bio 1B03 have any tutorials listed on Master Timetable :| ? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-12-2010 10:00 AM

Physics 1B03

Old 04-21-2011 at 12:56 AM   #1
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Physics 1B03
I need some serious help!

As of right now I'm pretty much failing the course.

Anyone have any tips/recommendations on how to study effectively. I have two days to make use of it.
Old 04-21-2011 at 01:40 AM   #2
Maria Daniel

Liked: 3 Times

Hi!

I did this course last semester, and I did struggle with it as well. I knew i definitely needed help for the exam, and had to basically re-learn the entire course over a few days. I, personally, attended some prep101 classes, but you may choose different ways of preparing for the course. The best thing to do is to read the textbook (as daunting as it may seem, just read the main parts and the ideas that explain why you're using various equations) and understand the concepts behind each chapter.

Definitely go over the example questions in the textbook- I found those extremely useful in helping me through some CAPA questions. If you have the time to go over and redo all the CAPA questions, that might also be a bonus!

Apart from those notes, past midterms/your own midterms would be a great resource. My experience was that some of the midterm questions were similar to a few of those that my show up on the exam, and going through them may be beneficial to your overall understanding of various chapters.

Hope this helped, and good luck!

Scuderia, tatski-p all say thanks to Maria Daniel for this post.
Old 04-21-2011 at 11:35 AM   #3
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Hey,

Both of the profs said that if you can do all of the questions on the practice exam you are almost guaranteed a high 60. IF you can go above and beyond the exam and understand a lot of past shit you will get an 80ish.

Basically if you want a 90 or 100 on the exam you need the physics brain, or just have studied weeks in advance.

I have a friend that doesn't need to study anything and will walk away with 90s, but he was smart and took an MCAT physics prep course in the summer to prep for physics 1B03.

Dr. Holmes pretty much tore me apart when I talked to her. I told her I was getting 60s in both midterms and she point blank said to my face, (and then to the class the next day) "If you haven't been getting good grades on the midterms, it is very unlikely you will do well on the exam" . . . Kinda destroyed any chance at me remotely liking physics.

BUT, I appreciate the fact that she's not sugar coating it i guess.

ALL IN ALL, just study your ass off, understand the P.exam, midterms, and capa. Since its a 9am exam pulling an all nighter wouldn't hurt =P

Goodluck!

Scuderia says thanks to Sintos for this post.
Old 04-21-2011 at 09:19 PM   #4
REDnation
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

When you come up, the show goes on!

nawedc says thanks to REDnation for this post.

nawedc likes this.