Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Piano on campus? pinkshuniza General Discussion 15 08-25-2009 10:55 AM

Piano-private lessons

Old 08-29-2011 at 07:40 PM   #1
LifeSci Stud

Liked: 0 Times

Piano-private lessons
Hi everyone,

I am a student in frst year and I am looking for a piano teacher. I am in the Moulton residence which has a piano on each floor which is great. I don't know if anyone knew of any piano teachers close to the university or at the university?

thanks!
Old 08-29-2011 at 07:55 PM   #2
zenith

Hi,

I know how to play piano and lives in Moulton Hall too. Can't say I'm professional but I've been playing piano for 12 years msg me if u need help ^^

LifeSci Stud says thanks to zenith for this post.
Old 08-29-2011 at 09:43 PM   #3
LifeSci Stud

hi Zenith,

Thank you very much about your offer! I'm just wondering whether you are familiar with the Royal Conservatory series? I am currently in grade 6 piano, which involves studies, repertoire and technical requirements

Thank so much
Old 08-29-2011 at 09:56 PM   #4
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

hey, i'm in matthews, and i actually just took my grade 10 piano exam a few weeks ago
just checked my results today and only a 77, but at least i qualify for ARCTS

unfortunately, i'm done piano, but my parents don't want my piano skills to go to waste, so if you ever need some help or need some lessons, i guess i could teach for a couple bucks

LifeSci Stud says thanks to ricechrispy for this post.
Old 08-30-2011 at 02:41 AM   #5
allstarme

Liked: 17 Times

I've recently completed my Teacher's ARCT diploma (recent as in two Saturdays ago -- I found out I passed 2 days ago so I'm still celebrating lol) and have a little bit of experience with teaching. I've actually had one transfer student go for a grade 6 RCM exam before and she did alright, I only worked with her for like 2 months though. PM me if you're interested

And you could always google Hamilton piano lessons. They might cost a bit more but usually ones from studios have more experience, and you could check if they offer in-house lessons

LifeSci Stud says thanks to allstarme for this post.
Old 09-06-2011 at 11:59 PM   #6
mac-lover

Liked: 15 Times

Im interested as well, about how much would you guys charge?