Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where are the girls in this forum? XNtrikster Gaming 51 03-22-2013 05:46 PM
Hot Girls Only Thread Freija General Discussion 47 12-12-2010 12:14 AM

Pick up girls on campus

Old 10-18-2013 at 01:35 PM   #16
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

i wouldn't give my number to a complete stranger.
Old 10-18-2013 at 05:52 PM   #17
Goran

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots4eva View Post
Coming from a girl as well...a girl you ask will probably feel bad if they say no...so you've got her number...now what??!! If it was me, I wouldn't respond because we've never talked in person - you have to show her that ur into her which means not over the phone
What...

Are you fucking serious? You would actually give some sleazy loser your real number? Enjoy getting raped/stalked/killed.

I don't care how bad you feel for him, under no circumstance should you ever give out your real phone # to some stranger.

I don't wanna be mean, and this isn't directed at just you (more like at everyone here who feels that hurting some random stranger's fuzzy wuzzy wittle fweelings is wrong and should take priority over your own safety) but holy shit grow some brain cells people.
Old 10-18-2013 at 06:03 PM   #18
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
What...

Are you fucking serious? You would actually give some sleazy loser your real number? Enjoy getting raped/stalked/killed.

I don't care how bad you feel for him, under no circumstance should you ever give out your real phone # to some stranger.

I don't wanna be mean, and this isn't directed at just you (more like at everyone here who feels that hurting some random stranger's fuzzy wuzzy wittle fweelings is wrong and should take priority over your own safety) but holy shit grow some brain cells people.
A bit over the top, don't you think? What's so magical about a phone number? Adding somebody on facebook is significantly more dangerous by comparison... with a phone number, the most they can do is annoy you.

Amaryll, patriots4eva like this.
Old 10-18-2013 at 06:16 PM   #19
Goran

Liked: 43 Times

It's not really anything magical about the phone number because you're right people are way more casual about giving away a lot more info about themselves to strangers.

The issue is this whole "oh I'll hurt his feelings so I have to give him my number even though I want nothing to do with him" attitude. You have no obligation to be nice toward some random idiot hitting on you and anything form a simple no to a fuck off is appropriate.

Giving out personal info to someone you know nothing about is not a smart idea and by now everyone here is old enough to know that.
Old 10-18-2013 at 06:25 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
It's not really anything magical about the phone number because you're right people are way more casual about giving away a lot more info about themselves to strangers.

The issue is this whole "oh I'll hurt his feelings so I have to give him my number even though I want nothing to do with him" attitude. You have no obligation to be nice toward some random idiot hitting on you and anything form a simple no to a fuck off is appropriate.

Giving out personal info to someone you know nothing about is not a smart idea and by now everyone here is old enough to know that.
That seems like common sense though; in the rare case that somebody actually does make an approach, the person would likely be either confident or should give off a creepy vibe -- it doesn't seem any more dangerous than responding to somebody in any other medium, only you have real life proof of what a person looks and acts like.

If you're the sort of person who doesn't want to hurt feelings, but don't feel fully safe, just give a wrong number...? :S
Old 10-18-2013 at 06:39 PM   #21
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:

While I don't disagree that it's a poor choice to give out your real number/any personal info to a random stranger just because you feel bad - the reaction you have to it makes me curious how much you'd blow up at your own girlfriend if she gave out her number to a stranger XD

On topic though, I can't ever tell if these kinds of posts are legit or just trolling-fun-times, if it's serious then I'd strongly suggest to not randomly go up to people and ask for their number in a campus setting. Most girls I know at university feel they should be safe from those kinds of things while on campus, which I agree. If you're going to go up to random girls to try to pick them up, do it at the club or bar or something. My $0.02
Old 10-19-2013 at 08:26 AM   #22
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Get a Darth Vader or a horse head mask and do your thing.

The probability of getting her number is 1/2.

Probability of 1/2 = coin flip equivalent.