The Silhouette is Hiring Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-10-2009 01:30 PM
hair places. davey General Discussion 18 09-23-2008 01:43 PM
(More) Places to Eat Off-Campus Chad Food & Meal Plans 4 01-12-2008 04:08 PM

Places hiring students...

Old 09-28-2009 at 04:50 PM   #31
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Back on topic, Island Inkjet in Westdale is hiring!

lorend says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 09-29-2009 at 08:18 PM   #32
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

SAIGON ASIAN in Westdale is hiring ..
They are in dire need of workers! Flexible hours, as many or as few as you want! Paid training. Good job if you just want to work 2 or 3 hours in between classes during the lunch hour.
Old 09-29-2009 at 10:06 PM   #33
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyh View Post
SAIGON ASIAN in Westdale is hiring ..
They are in dire need of workers! Flexible hours, as many or as few as you want! Paid training. Good job if you just want to work 2 or 3 hours in between classes during the lunch hour.

do they have a website or do you just have to go to the actual restaurant and apply? Also do they have any requirements that they want the applicants to have?
Old 09-29-2009 at 10:10 PM   #34
EngLufLuf

Liked: Liked 2 Times

can u plz post their address? bcaz i'm not from Hamilton so I don't know where wesdale is?

if u don't know the exact address, is it walking distance from campus?
Old 09-30-2009 at 12:14 AM   #35
ladyh

Liked: 25 Times

@ anitaa - We don't have a website, just go to the actual restaurant with your resume and apply! The owner prefers if people look somewhat put together when they come in, so just make sure you are dressed decently, and look presentable! Bring a resume and a copy of your schedule. And the owner really needs more servers, so hopefully she won't be too picky. You don't need any previous serving experience .. paid training is provided. The most important thing is to have GREAT interpersonal and communication skills (if you can speak Vietnamese or Mandarin it's a HUGE plus, but definitely not a requirement .. it's a Vietnamese restaurant but only 2-ish of the servers are actually Vietnamese, and only 1 of them can even speak it, lol). Previous positions that involved any form of customer service are a plus to me, but I'm taking a leave of absence, so it's the owner who is doing the hiring (muwahaha), and she barely looks at resumes (but bring one in anyway).

Most people do end up getting a training shift or two .. if she is pleased with your performance during these shifts, she will schedule you in. If she is displeased (oh no!) then she won't ask you back. Befriend the server who is training you and hopefully they will say nice things about you to her. What matters most to the owner is GOOD WORK ETHIC .. you have to bust your ass from the beginning! It doesn't matter if you have no idea what you're doing, just look busy and frazzled, RUN when she rings that bell (you'll know what I'm talking about if you end up getting the job ahaha), and she'll be pleased enough.

Also, when I did hiring, I pretty much gave anybody a chance who was enthusiastic, was good with people, and eager to learn, and then we would observe them working during their first couple shifts to see how hard working they are. But now that the owner is doing all the hiring, I must warn that she is kind of really extremely superficial, which is why I reccomend trying to look presentable when you hand in your resume. (It's terrible, but true .. it's all out of my hands now!!!).

I've probably scared you off, but I definitely encourage you to try if you're looking for a job where you can pretty much decide when you work. Her daughter is a super genius and super studious so she understands the importance of school. Definitely bring in a schedule and be firm about your availability =D. There are shifts like 11:30-1:30 or 11:30-2:00 .. it's good for something to do between class. Evening shifts are like 5-10, 6-10, etc. so those are good if you don't have evening class.

@ EngLufLuf - I can't remember off the top of my head .. I think it's 1024 King Street West. I could be wrong though, so Google it. It is like a 15 minute walk from campus, 3-5 minute bus ride. From Mac, walk down Sterling St, until it intersects with King St W (you'll see a Pita Pit, TCBY, traffic lights, etc etc). Turn left, and keep walking for a minute or two, and you'll see it on your left! Can't miss it! There's a bus stop across the street.
Old 10-24-2009 at 02:24 PM   #36
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Anyone work at a big box store on the mountain or anywhere not too far? Do they give flexible hours, as I'd only like to work 1-2 shifts per week MAX.
Old 01-03-2010 at 11:49 AM   #37
breadmaster

Liked: 0 Times

My company, Cunningham Lindsey, is looking for a few more students to work weekends and holidays (every weekend and holiday). The time required is a little grueling, but the pay is good and you get a consistant 16 hours a week working in a pretty okay environment.

We only require french bi-lingual at the moment.

I don't think the Oscar page is up anymore, but I'll renew it now. Should be up by tomorrow.

B
Old 01-05-2010 at 09:03 AM   #38
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Has anyone seen some places hiring recently?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-11-2010
spencm7
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 02-11-2010 at 12:36 PM   #39
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

hmm...

6chars
Old 02-11-2010 at 03:44 PM   #40
ytpos
too poor to change this

Liked: 15 Times

what does 6chars mean..
Old 02-11-2010 at 04:02 PM   #41
nh999
Elite Member

6chars = 6 characters.

You have to type at least 6 characters for every post. So e.g. you can't just say "hm..." because that's only 5.
Old 02-11-2010 at 10:16 PM   #42
ytpos
too poor to change this

-____-

i always thought it was an insult or something.

Old 02-11-2010 at 11:17 PM   #43
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Looking for PROFESSIONAL to make a website for a low cost. The website is for a volunteering club that helps hospital patients. I am looking for quality.