MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Places hiring students... lorend Volunteering Opportunities 42 02-11-2010 11:17 PM
Cheap places to eat Rossclot General Discussion 30 12-13-2009 10:47 PM
Places to Go/See in Hamilton. lorend General Discussion 18 08-17-2009 04:14 PM
hair places. davey General Discussion 18 09-23-2008 01:43 PM
(More) Places to Eat Off-Campus Chad Food & Meal Plans 4 01-12-2008 04:08 PM

Places that are open late

Old 05-17-2010 at 12:46 AM   #1
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Places that are open late
Herein we shall compile a list of places that are open late at night. By late I mean past 2 AM. In previous years I spent many hours awake from 2 to 6 in the morning trying to find something to do or somewhere to go. This thread will be to help people with the same problem.

What I got:

Campus -
Some of the campus buildings are accessible 24/7. For example the student centre's doors never close. All the stores inside aren't open, but you can walk around the same places as you could during the day. From the student centre you have access to Gilmour Hall, University Hall, TSH, KTH, CNH, and the Degroote building. If you live in res you can always troll the floors of your building but there's usually no one around, and if there is, they're probably just cramming. Also walking through Cootes Paradise at night is fun and sometimes spooky.

Gino's Pizza -
Decent pizza if you like pizza. Not much to do here. I forget when it closes but it's pretty late. 3 AM I think?

Pizza Pizza -
My least favourite pizza place. A bit far to walk from campus. 3 on weekends, 2 on weekdays.

Pita Pit -
I have fond memories of Pita Pit. 4 on weekends, 3 on weekdays.

Metro -
If you ever feel like grocery shopping at 4 in the morning. Open 24 hours

Subway -
The one across the street from campus is open 24 hours. The one in westdale is not.

Big Ed's -
A burger place on Queen south of Main. They deliver. 2 Am weekdays, 4 AM weekends.

Jimmy Gringos -
Tex-mex fast food. 2:30 Friday and Saturdays, early on weekdays.

Basilique -
Basilisk! 3 AM Thursday-Saturday, early on weekends.

Tim Hortons -
Open 24 hours.

McDonalds -
I just checked the site and it says 24 hours but I don't remember it as such. Maybe they changed it? I distinctly remember going to McDonalds and it being closed. Anyway since the buses don't that late you either need a car, bike or like walking.

So basically it's all food places. And past 4 AM you've got Tim Hortons, Metro, Subway, or McDonalds.

I was always searching for some utopian place that was not a restaurant where you could walk in and there would be people there and you could just sit down and hang around but I never found it. If there are people in the student centre at that time they're usually busy sleeping or studying minding their own business.
Old 05-17-2010 at 10:04 AM   #2
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

I thought that they closed the doors leading off the sudent center at somepoint in the evening
Old 05-17-2010 at 11:43 AM   #3
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

The McDonalds at Dundurn (the only one I've ever visited in Hamilton) was open at 3-4 in the morning last summer. I'm not a fast food person, so that was the only time I went, lol. I think they have WiFi as well?

However, the one place you can be guaranteed to find people late at night: online.
Old 05-17-2010 at 12:22 PM   #4
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Theres a tim hortons near campus thats open 24hours?!?! I could have used this information this year:S

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 05-17-2010 at 01:27 PM   #5
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Montforts in Westdale is open till 4AM on weekends & most probably weekdays as well.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 05-17-2010 at 01:33 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Theres a tim hortons near campus thats open 24hours?!?! I could have used this information this year:S
It's on the way to fortinos but on the opposite side.

Boolean says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-17-2010 at 01:55 PM   #7
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

yeah I should've specified that it's the one in Westdale, not the one on main west of campus.
Old 05-17-2010 at 02:20 PM   #8
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Dundurn McDonald's is open 24 h
Old 05-17-2010 at 02:59 PM   #9
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
I just checked the site and it says 24 hours but I don't remember it as such. Maybe they changed it? I distinctly remember going to McDonalds and it being closed. Anyway since the buses don't that late you either need a car, bike or like walking.
I don't know how late Burger King is open, but I know that if the restaurant is closed you can go to the drive through window - maybe its the same for McDonalds?
Old 05-17-2010 at 03:34 PM   #10
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
I don't know how late Burger King is open, but I know that if the restaurant is closed you can go to the drive through window - maybe its the same for McDonalds?
They won't let you walk through the drive through though, you need to be in a car.
Old 05-17-2010 at 04:55 PM   #11
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maegs View Post
Lots of McDonalds places have 24 hour drive thrus, but the restaurant is closed.
Old 05-17-2010 at 10:51 PM   #12
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
They won't let you walk through the drive through though, you need to be in a car.
They let us at BK...
Old 05-17-2010 at 11:14 PM   #13
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Yes, I unfortunately found that out when I went with friends at 11:30ish or something, and it was closed. Totally bummed me out since they had a deal that day.
Old 05-17-2010 at 11:38 PM   #14
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Burger King and Wendys close at 11 PM all days of the week (even though there are signs on both their doors that say that they don't close until 12 AM).
Old 05-18-2010 at 12:38 AM   #15
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

The Shoppers Drug Mart at King/Dundurn is 24 hours too, if you ever need drug store stuff or basic groceries in the middle of the night.