MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBA Playoffs 2010-2011 Cliu91 Movies & Television 55 06-13-2011 12:43 AM
MLB Playoffs eullwm General Discussion 29 10-09-2010 11:12 PM
NHL Playoffs! Whos your team? ice8 Athletics & Recreation 82 06-30-2010 05:17 PM
Super Bowl Playoffs lorend General Discussion 5 02-13-2008 02:32 PM
Football Playoffs lorend Getting Involved 1 10-29-2007 12:12 PM

Playoffs anyone?

Old 05-06-2012 at 07:28 PM   #1
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

Playoffs anyone?
Anyone watching the NBA playoffs? Who are you rooting for?

Personally, I'm rooting for the Celtics. Or whoever as long as the Heats do not win.

PS: I just recently started following Basketball.
Old 05-06-2012 at 07:38 PM   #2
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

I wanted dallas to repeat so vince can get a ring and another one for j kidd
but i knew they werent gonna beat okc
now im cheering for memphis to see how far they can go but i just love the memphis clippers match up

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 05-06-2012 at 07:45 PM   #3
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
I wanted dallas to repeat so vince can get a ring and another one for j kidd
but i knew they werent gonna beat okc
now im cheering for memphis to see how far they can go but i just love the memphis clippers match up
Since Dallas is out (was hoping for a championship for Carter), I have to go for the Spurs because at this point I don't see any other team taking out the Heat.
Old 05-06-2012 at 07:57 PM   #4
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Why would you want Carter to win a championship?
Old 05-06-2012 at 08:00 PM   #5
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Why would you want Carter to win a championship?
He was my favorite player growing up, when I did nothing but play basketball, and despite everything I still want him to succeed.

drpatel, J. Dorey like this.
Old 05-06-2012 at 08:15 PM   #6
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

I was looking forward to the heat-knicks matchup, thought that'd be a good series...boy was I wrong. Tthe knicks are being pummelled and even though they won today that's the last one for them. when the series returns to miami, they'll destroy NY.

I was roooooting for Chicago but without their top 2 players they're gonna lose to the 6ers, so now let's just hope next year Rose doesnt get injured (or lose motivation)
the celtics are a good team but old, way too old to be a threat to Indy or even the Heat.

I like the mavs but OKC has been a solid team for several years but they've always been inexperienced.too young, but I see this year as their year to shine-westbrook, KD, perkins are a force to be reckoned with and they're tough and still young and surely capable of beating the worn-out lakers, the spurs are just old and as much as I like Duncan he's old and battered.

The griz, YES, they're doing well and I (want to) see a Western finals Grizzlies vs. OKC.

favs: OKC, spurs, bulls

finals: OKC vs. Heat.
Winner...TBA. that'll be a good series.
Old 05-06-2012 at 08:39 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

as long as heat or lakers dont win, i will be semi content. nuggets are my favourite and i can see them taking down the lakers. east is so bad though. have yet to watch an east game. hurts my eyes.

chinadian likes this.
Old 05-06-2012 at 10:09 PM   #8
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

wanted my bulls to get it... but drose has a busted acl :(
Old 05-06-2012 at 10:10 PM   #9
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpatel View Post
I was looking forward to the heat-knicks matchup, thought that'd be a good series...boy was I wrong. Tthe knicks are being pummelled and even though they won today that's the last one for them. when the series returns to miami, they'll destroy NY.

I was roooooting for Chicago but without their top 2 players they're gonna lose to the 6ers, so now let's just hope next year Rose doesnt get injured (or lose motivation)
the celtics are a good team but old, way too old to be a threat to Indy or even the Heat.

I like the mavs but OKC has been a solid team for several years but they've always been inexperienced.too young, but I see this year as their year to shine-westbrook, KD, perkins are a force to be reckoned with and they're tough and still young and surely capable of beating the worn-out lakers, the spurs are just old and as much as I like Duncan he's old and battered.

The griz, YES, they're doing well and I (want to) see a Western finals Grizzlies vs. OKC.

favs: OKC, spurs, bulls

finals: OKC vs. Heat.
Winner...TBA. that'll be a good series.
OKC will not get past spurs... and i doubt miami can beat boston if it comes to that
Old 05-06-2012 at 10:20 PM   #10
drpatel

^^^Either way, I like both the spurs and OKC but I think the time is right for the thunder to go big.
But this is the spurs' last run for a title so it'll be one hell of a series. It comes down to the old(er) power in the league vs. the new dominating power, veterans vs. still intermediates.
Old 05-06-2012 at 10:21 PM   #11
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
OKC will not get past spurs... and i doubt miami can beat boston if it comes to that
A lot of people are saying that but imo Miami got through Boston pretty easily last year. I might be forgetting about some injury on the Celtics but the Heat have only gotten better since then (again, imo).

I'm with you on the OKC thing, I don't think the Spurs will lose.
Old 05-06-2012 at 10:22 PM   #12
Silver
Elite Member

^dunno man. rondo will need to do everything since everyone else will be shut down for the most part. celtics fell apart once they traded nate robinson. they had no bench power once he left...but allen does come off the bench but he doesnt have a fire in him like real 6 mens do like nate, harden, ginobili.
Old 05-06-2012 at 11:13 PM   #13
drpatel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
^dunno man. rondo will need to do everything since everyone else will be shut down for the most part. celtics fell apart once they traded nate robinson. they had no bench power once he left...but allen does come off the bench but he doesnt have a fire in him like real 6 mens do like nate, harden, ginobili.
"celtics fell apart once they traded Nate"
ACTUALLY I think their mistake was trading Perkins, they lost a massive post defender with his trade~
IMO, ofcourse
Old 05-06-2012 at 11:44 PM   #14
Silver
Elite Member

not like they needed perkins to guard someone in the low post against the heat last year. everyone overlooks the value of nate and what he brought to the celtics. he was an automatic canon and boost.
Old 05-07-2012 at 11:38 AM   #15
drpatel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
not like they needed perkins to guard someone in the low post against the heat last year. everyone overlooks the value of nate and what he brought to the celtics. he was an automatic canon and boost.
I remember "SHREK AND DONKEY". that was a good name