MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NBA Playoffs 2010-2011 Cliu91 Movies & Television 55 06-13-2011 12:43 AM
MLB Playoffs eullwm General Discussion 29 10-09-2010 11:12 PM
NHL Playoffs! Whos your team? ice8 Athletics & Recreation 82 06-30-2010 05:17 PM
Super Bowl Playoffs lorend General Discussion 5 02-13-2008 02:32 PM
Football Playoffs lorend Getting Involved 1 10-29-2007 12:12 PM

Playoffs anyone?

Old 05-07-2012 at 07:27 PM   #16
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
A lot of people are saying that but imo Miami got through Boston pretty easily last year. I might be forgetting about some injury on the Celtics but the Heat have only gotten better since then (again, imo).

I'm with you on the OKC thing, I don't think the Spurs will lose.
you must not have paid attention to the regular season... boston took out miami three straight times in april alone
Old 05-07-2012 at 07:30 PM   #17
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

^yea and boston didnt lose last year to miami either. regular season doesnt mean much in the playoffs.
Old 05-07-2012 at 07:30 PM   #18
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
^dunno man. rondo will need to do everything since everyone else will be shut down for the most part. celtics fell apart once they traded nate robinson. they had no bench power once he left...but allen does come off the bench but he doesnt have a fire in him like real 6 mens do like nate, harden, ginobili.
not really... avery bradley contributes solid minutes for them and is a GREAT defender... nate wasnt much of a defensive prescence and actually didnt contribute much offensively to the team either during his time with them..he hasnt done much since leaving new york, but seems to be gettin his groove back with gsw
Old 05-07-2012 at 07:34 PM   #19
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
^yea and boston didnt lose last year to miami either. regular season doesnt mean much in the playoffs.
ha.. if u say so (they did lose to miami last season tho)

this season's structure is completely different from teh last.. because of that they played 3 times in the last four weeks alone and miami got beat each time
Old 05-07-2012 at 07:59 PM   #20
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
not really... avery bradley contributes solid minutes for them and is a GREAT defender... nate wasnt much of a defensive prescence and actually didnt contribute much offensively to the team either during his time with them..he hasnt done much since leaving new york, but seems to be gettin his groove back with gsw
defense doesnt matter much when its time for bench to come in. its a fact that nate and baby were their only bench players who could score last year. boston was bad offensively and became much worse with his departure. and he did contribute offensively lmao.
Old 05-07-2012 at 10:41 PM   #21
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
defense doesnt matter much when its time for bench to come in. its a fact that nate and baby were their only bench players who could score last year. boston was bad offensively and became much worse with his departure. and he did contribute offensively lmao.
bradley became a starter with his impressive performance... and ray allen now comes off the bench.. so yes their bench is still strong

the two seasons nate spent in boston were the worst seasons of his career ... so they actually werent getting what they paid for.. hence, the trade... youre giving nate too much credit.. im not saying he isnt a solid player.. but not enough to be considered a playoff changing factor

and unless youre d'antoni... defense is important at ALL points during the game
Old 05-08-2012 at 07:33 AM   #22
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
bradley became a starter with his impressive performance... and ray allen now comes off the bench.. so yes their bench is still strong

the two seasons nate spent in boston were the worst seasons of his career ... so they actually werent getting what they paid for.. hence, the trade... youre giving nate too much credit.. im not saying he isnt a solid player.. but not enough to be considered a playoff changing factor

and unless youre d'antoni... defense is important at ALL points during the game
i know allen comes off the bench. bostons bench is still pretty bad though. allen plays 35+ minutes a game. he doesnt count as a bench player and only players in the first quarter against other benches. and im talking about last season mainly, their bench was pure trash last year. and those were the worst seasons of nates career because he didnt start and had limited minutes. obviously his stats are gonna be lower and he not many bench players are playoff changers....except that he was when they played the lakers especially. it doesnt matter though. boston is overrated. i want them to beat the heat but that wont happen unless someone big from the heat gets hurt.
Old 05-08-2012 at 11:45 AM   #23
Unknown111

Liked: 2 Times

Guys, the Heat are going to win it. It's a no brainer.
Old 05-31-2012 at 02:20 AM   #24
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

The heat have great individual players but the spurs have a great team.... gonna be a long summer for lebron
Old 05-31-2012 at 05:28 AM   #25
Silver
Elite Member

i hate how the real finals happens in the west almost every year >_> east has is so god damn easy.
Old 05-31-2012 at 08:51 AM   #26
drpatel

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:
i hate how the real finals happens in the west almost every year >_> east has is so god damn easy.
It's because the east has...toronto, washington, charlotte. PLus some others like NJ and Detroit.

Combination of chronic underachievers and bad draft picks. How the hell didn't the 'Cats get top draft pick!?
Old 06-04-2012 at 03:40 AM   #27
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpatel View Post
It's because the east has...toronto, washington, charlotte. PLus some others like NJ and Detroit.

Combination of chronic underachievers and bad draft picks. How the hell didn't the 'Cats get top draft pick!?
those bottom teams arent what i mean. west has those too. its just heat and celtics barely had a challenge to get to where they are and i dont even think either of em deserve to be in the finals over a handful of west teams.

bobcats had a 75% chance of not getting the first pick.
Old 06-04-2012 at 06:45 AM   #28
giftedchick
Elite Member

Quote:
those bottom teams arent what i mean. west has those too. its just heat and celtics barely had a challenge to get to where they are and i dont even think either of em deserve to be in the finals over a handful of west teams.

bobcats had a 75% chance of not getting the first pick.
i think u missed the last round... boston had nowhere near a walk in the park trying to get past philly.. seven games of hard fight

care to elaborate?
Old 06-04-2012 at 09:09 AM   #29
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
They way boston been playing they do deserve to be in the final. And also indiana and philly were a solid team you cant say that east is a joke and there's no real challenge
Old 06-04-2012 at 12:26 PM   #30
Silver
Elite Member

Quote:
i think u missed the last round... boston had nowhere near a walk in the park trying to get past philly.. seven games of hard fight

care to elaborate?
because boston isnt good which is why it took them 7 games to beat a team that isnt good.