MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vote on February 2nd and 3rd goodnews.inc General Discussion 9 02-02-2011 06:22 PM
Vote on the EWB Referendum! mlangille MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-21-2011 09:42 AM
Vote! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-09-2007 03:38 PM
Vote update! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-29-2007 12:14 AM

PLEASE vote for me.

Old 04-27-2011 at 11:50 PM   #16
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

nice cake

gallagaj says thanks to Cliu91 for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 06:23 AM   #17
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydVicious View Post
im sure you worked hard on that cake, but that doesn't give you the right to feel so self entitled.

-How do you know the other contestants don't need the money, I can very easily picture a single mother (who happens to make cakes on the side) entering the contest to make ends meet and feed her kids.
-Lots of people work hard, its just some people work harder or are more talented, and I don't know about you guys but that person should win, not the fake trying to buy all the votes she can
-If you lose I hope you learn that life ain't fair, and drop the attitude

good luck
I am not asking for pity, nor do I feel self entitled. All i am doing is simply asking for help. The contest is not based on the way the baked goods look or taste, it is simply based on the person who can get the most votes. Which is why I am asking for help with votes. Yes there may be other people who need the money and if they do than they should work really hard trying to get votes, as am I. I am doing whatever means I can think of to get as many votes as possible. Especially as I am quite far behind. No my mother is not a single mother, however both of my parents are retired and have 7 other children. Things are tight which is why they can not afford to pay for my tuition, and why my mother has entered this contest for me. OSAP does not give nearly enough and without money from other sources I may need to drop out. Again, not asking for pity, all I am doing is simply asking for help from other students who may understand where I am coming from. If you don't feel this is a good enough reason to vote than that is your choice, but to those who wouldn't mind taking a minute to help another student out, I am grateful for that. Oh and I do understand that life isn't fair but I also believe that if you work hard enough things will work out in the end and I think that if I work hard enough at getting votes than things could work out for me.
Thank you again.

anon491, aya017, Biochem47, Ish001 like this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 08:39 AM   #18
jerryliuisme

Liked: 1 Time

Good looking cake! voted for it.

gallagaj says thanks to jerryliuisme for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 09:15 AM   #19
SydVicious
Account Locked

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
I am not asking for pity, nor do I feel self entitled. All i am doing is simply asking for help. The contest is not based on the way the baked goods look or taste, it is simply based on the person who can get the most votes. Which is why I am asking for help with votes. Yes there may be other people who need the money and if they do than they should work really hard trying to get votes, as am I. I am doing whatever means I can think of to get as many votes as possible. Especially as I am quite far behind. No my mother is not a single mother, however both of my parents are retired and have 7 other children. Things are tight which is why they can not afford to pay for my tuition, and why my mother has entered this contest for me. OSAP does not give nearly enough and without money from other sources I may need to drop out. Again, not asking for pity, all I am doing is simply asking for help from other students who may understand where I am coming from. If you don't feel this is a good enough reason to vote than that is your choice, but to those who wouldn't mind taking a minute to help another student out, I am grateful for that. Oh and I do understand that life isn't fair but I also believe that if you work hard enough things will work out in the end and I think that if I work hard enough at getting votes than things could work out for me.
Thank you again.
why would you have so many kids if you can't provide for them all? no offense but that seems irresponsible to me.

and don't people retire when they have this huge pile of money they can live comfortably on? so many questions!!!!?
Old 04-28-2011 at 09:49 AM   #20
gallagaj

Quote:
why would you have so many kids if you can't provide for them all? no offense but that seems irresponsible to me.

and don't people retire when they have this huge pile of money they can live comfortably on? so many questions!!!!?
Again, if all of these questions are preventing you from voting, than don't. If you really have to ask that many questions than you probably aren't going to vote even if I gave you the answers you wanted. It is not worth it to explain everything because Im sure it would just lead to more questions. I am in a complicated situation, as are many people, maybe even other people who are in the contest. Again, i am not saying my situation means I deserve to win more than someone else may. There are plenty of people worse off than me. I am simply trying to win a contest that could provide me with money to help me out. If you feel inclined to vote, than do so, other wise, don't. I am reaching out to students for help and putting in the effort it may take to actually win a contest like this. If that is so hard for people to understand than you've probably never had to work for anything in your life. For those that vote, again I thank you and am grateful that you took the time to help someone out. I would do the same for someone, even if they didn't need the money.
All the best...
Old 04-28-2011 at 10:07 AM   #21
KN1991

Liked: 52 Times

Quote:

Suchhhh a troll. Does it make you feel good inside to make other people feel shitty? I know you're just asking those questions to be a jerk, but I'm just going to give you a personal example just in case you're really that stupid.

When I was born, my parents were really well off. My mom didn't need to work so she left her job at a reputable marketing firm. She had three children. When I was 8, my dad went crazy abusive so my mom packed up our stuff and moved us out. She hasn't received $1 of child support since that day, and as a result we all rely on OSAP and bursaries to get through University. One of my best friends growing up also grew up wealthy, her dad was a design architect, but severe arthritis left him unemployed and on disability. A lot of things can happen from the time someone has children to the time they grow up, not to mention, are you suggesting that people living in poverty shouldn't be allowed to have children? Because that's just wrong on so many levels.

Gallagaj your cake looks great! I had one of those barbie ones before, they're so cute. I'll make sure I vote for you right now.

gallagaj says thanks to KN1991 for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 10:30 AM  
SydVicious
Account Locked

Liked: 21 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 04-28-2011 at 11:47 AM   #22
gallagaj

thank you to all who have voted - I see a lot of comments from mac students on the voting section. You all are really amazing.
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:20 PM   #23
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

voted nom nom

gallagaj says thanks to MacAttk for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 12:32 PM   #24
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Look i will make you a deal, I will vote and make my WHOLE family vote if you bake us a HUGE cake after u win ? lol

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

gallagaj says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.

gallagaj, RyanC like this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 01:33 PM   #25
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

what! have you guys looked at the person winning with 1300+ votes? The cake is so simple.

Last edited by Eternal Fire : 04-28-2011 at 01:47 PM.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 03:38 PM   #26
gallagaj

I would bake everyone a cake that helped me with the votes however it might defeat the purpose of winning the money for school in the first place because it would cost quite a bit.
Old 04-28-2011 at 04:29 PM   #27
gallagaj

Continue to vote from now until may 31st--- one vote every 24 hours
Old 04-28-2011 at 05:38 PM   #28
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
I would bake everyone a cake that helped me with the votes however it might defeat the purpose of winning the money for school in the first place because it would cost quite a bit.
I was just kidding You have my vote (and possibly my whole family's, I will force them)

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

gallagaj says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 04-28-2011 at 05:44 PM   #29
x.N.x

Liked: 3 Times

Good luck! =)

Bachelor of Technology II || Process Automation

gallagaj says thanks to x.N.x for this post.

gallagaj likes this.