MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vote on February 2nd and 3rd goodnews.inc General Discussion 9 02-02-2011 06:22 PM
Vote on the EWB Referendum! mlangille MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-21-2011 09:42 AM
Vote! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-09-2007 03:38 PM
Vote update! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-29-2007 12:14 AM

PLEASE vote for me.

Old 04-28-2011 at 09:03 PM   #31
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

bump...
: )
VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Last edited by gallagaj : 04-29-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2011 at 09:45 PM   #32
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
I am not asking for pity, nor do I feel self entitled. All i am doing is simply asking for help. The contest is not based on the way the baked goods look or taste, it is simply based on the person who can get the most votes. Which is why I am asking for help with votes. Yes there may be other people who need the money and if they do than they should work really hard trying to get votes, as am I. I am doing whatever means I can think of to get as many votes as possible. Especially as I am quite far behind. No my mother is not a single mother, however both of my parents are retired and have 7 other children. Things are tight which is why they can not afford to pay for my tuition, and why my mother has entered this contest for me. OSAP does not give nearly enough and without money from other sources I may need to drop out. Again, not asking for pity, all I am doing is simply asking for help from other students who may understand where I am coming from. If you don't feel this is a good enough reason to vote than that is your choice, but to those who wouldn't mind taking a minute to help another student out, I am grateful for that. Oh and I do understand that life isn't fair but I also believe that if you work hard enough things will work out in the end and I think that if I work hard enough at getting votes than things could work out for me.
Thank you again.
Your parents don't know how to use a condom?
Old 04-29-2011 at 07:43 AM   #33
gallagaj

Please if anyone else could keep voting... till may 31st (still pretty far behind, but doing good for only day 2 of being in the contest!)
Old 04-29-2011 at 05:22 PM   #34
gallagaj

Keep On Voting Everyone!! The More The Merrier!
Old 04-30-2011 at 09:55 PM   #35
gallagaj

bump..............
Old 04-30-2011 at 10:41 PM   #36
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Voting! I hope you win!
Old 05-01-2011 at 02:58 AM   #37
W. Steinitz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

I voted for you because I actually like your cake, however I have to ask, how do we actually know you come to mac?
i looked at your facebook profile and in the work section it says "retired" and the education part doesn't show mcmaster as a network. there is no university emaill either.
I also went through your friend's list and there is only one person that listed "mcmaster university" as their school, and no friends living in Hamilton!!
Judging from the profile pictures of all your friends, most of them look old, not exactly the age of university students.

Call me a creep, but I don't think we have any reason to believe the person associated with this cake goes to mac.

Last edited by W. Steinitz : 05-01-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2011 at 03:29 AM   #38
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Steinitz View Post
I voted for you because I actually like your cake, however I have to ask, how do we actually know you come to mac?
i looked at your facebook profile and in the work section it says "retired" and the education part doesn't show mcmaster as a network. there is no university emaill either.
I also went through your friend's list and there is only one person that listed "mcmaster university" as their school, and no friends living in Hamilton!!
Judging from the profile pictures of all your friends, most of them look old, not exactly the age of university students.

Call me a creep, but I don't think we have any reason to believe the person associated with this cake goes to mac.
Her macinsiders account is from augest 2010, and youre looking at her moms facebook, where it says retired , are you mfattal by any chance

Last edited by Reda : 05-01-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2011 at 03:45 AM   #39
W. Steinitz
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
Her macinsiders account is from augest 2010, and youre looking at her moms facebook, where it says retired , are you mfattal by any chance
LoL if that is her mom, it would explain the whole thing. She never said that though did she?? I definitely got the impression that was her cake and her profile, and wanted the money for school.
And what do you mean by mfattal??? lol I'm gonna go ahead and say no just to be safe.
Old 05-01-2011 at 06:57 AM   #40
iloveyou

Liked: 1 Time

Voted

i told mfattal to vote too
good luck winning

gallagaj says thanks to iloveyou for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 05-01-2011 at 12:31 PM   #41
gallagaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Steinitz View Post

That is a good question. I probably should have explained that a little better. Yes that is my mothers facebook profile that you are looking at. After explaining to her that I would be unable to meet my next years tuition she decided to register me into the contest, so even though it is under her name we are both trying to get everyone to vote and the money will go to my tuition if we win. We both made the cake together for my 19th birthday and we are both working hard to get the votes. She heard about the contest through a friend who is also registered in it.
And i'm not exactly sure how to prove I go to McMaster. I am going into my third year of Honors Gerontology however I did the SWAT test and will find out in June if I am able to transfer into the Social Work Program.
Old 05-01-2011 at 12:54 PM   #42
W. Steinitz
Account Disabled by User

Ok I hope you win!

gallagaj says thanks to W. Steinitz for this post.

gallagaj likes this.
Old 05-01-2011 at 04:29 PM   #43
gallagaj

Thank you. I am trying really hard but we are still very far away. I need all the help I can get.
Old 05-01-2011 at 05:04 PM   #44
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveyou View Post
Voted

i told mfattal to vote too
good luck winning
^^^ Mfattal

12chars

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 05-01-2011 at 05:54 PM   #45
3am Coffee

Liked: 157 Times

Just vote people, who cares what the persons situation is.

man..... mcmaster is home to some of the most inconsiderate jerks.

I voted, best of luck

gallagaj says thanks to 3am Coffee for this post.

gallagaj, Reda like this.