MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Dec 29 : The Raven, shadow subject Chad Daily Game 0 12-29-2010 04:30 AM
McMaster Annual Job Shadow Week (2009) saukalra MacInsiders Announcements 14 10-14-2009 10:30 PM

PNB shadow help!!!

Old 06-13-2011 at 01:23 PM   #1
ashianax

Liked: 1 Time

PNB shadow help!!!
Hey, I am going into second year life sciences. I didn't get into Hon psych which is apparently called PNB now.. don't even ask me how much physics 1b03 and chem 1aa3 screwed me over lol.. so anyways i know i can shadow second year PNB cuz im going to be in lifescience for second year and so i can apply for third year PNB if i get all my pre-reqs. So this is the problem:

In second year PNB, the mandatory courses are 18 units of: PNB 2XA3, 2XB3, 2XC3, 2XD3, 2XE3, 2XF3, 2XT0. I compared these courses with psych courses,and I found that 2XA3 + 2XD3 = psych2E03 or Psych2H03. So do i have to take both e03 and h03 in place of both 2e03 and 2h03? For PNB 2XF3, there is no corresponding course or antirequisite, so how would I get the credit for this course, can I still take it if I get permission from the professor? Also, for 2XE3, the corresponding psych course is psych2AR3, but I ccan't find it at all in course timetable or anything. So i am going to take 7 Psych courses and then 4 life sci courses which are, 2A03,cellbio, and lifesci 2b03 which I CANT FIND.

so confused wtih the course listings. i cant find like 3 courses i need.
Old 06-13-2011 at 01:30 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashianax View Post
Hey, I am going into second year life sciences. I didn't get into Hon psych which is apparently called PNB now.. don't even ask me how much physics 1b03 and chem 1aa3 screwed me over lol.. so anyways i know i can shadow second year PNB cuz im going to be in lifescience for second year and so i can apply for third year PNB if i get all my pre-reqs. So this is the problem:

In second year PNB, the mandatory courses are 18 units of: PNB 2XA3, 2XB3, 2XC3, 2XD3, 2XE3, 2XF3, 2XT0. I compared these courses with psych courses,and I found that 2XA3 + 2XD3 = psych2E03 or Psych2H03. So do i have to take both e03 and h03 in place of both 2e03 and 2h03? For PNB 2XF3, there is no corresponding course or antirequisite, so how would I get the credit for this course, can I still take it if I get permission from the professor? Also, for 2XE3, the corresponding psych course is psych2AR3, but I ccan't find it at all in course timetable or anything. So i am going to take 7 Psych courses and then 4 life sci courses which are, 2A03,cellbio, and lifesci 2b03 which I CANT FIND.

so confused wtih the course listings. i cant find like 3 courses i need.
You need a waiver from the professor to take courses in which you do not satisfy the prerequisites. They may or may not give you one.

You should talk to an academic advisor for help with shadowing PNB. Because they just introduced the changes this year, no one will have any experience in knowing how to shadow this program.