Political Science Kathy2 3rd Year Course Reviews 5 05-29-2017 06:48 PM
Political Science 3X03 Kathy2 3rd Year Course Reviews 3 09-13-2011 11:04 AM
Political Science Seminars danmaclennan Academics 5 03-03-2010 01:43 PM

Political Science

Old 05-02-2012 at 10:44 PM   #1
MalK

Liked: 0 Times

Political Science
Has anyone taken POLSCI 1GO6? If so, what do yo have to say about the course? How much will it help a person who is planning to major in economics?
Old 05-02-2012 at 11:04 PM   #2
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

Political science is very complimentary to economics. While the course teaches you about the different political views, there is no application of the theory to economics. However it is a very interesting course
Old 05-02-2012 at 11:11 PM   #3
MalK

did you take the course?
Old 05-02-2012 at 11:11 PM   #4
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Yes I did
12 chars
Old 05-02-2012 at 11:13 PM   #5
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

I had it with Dr. Alway. If you are into political science and don't mind writing essays than this class is very enjoyable and Dr Alway makes this class very interesting

MalK says thanks to baodo1 for this post.
Old 05-02-2012 at 11:17 PM   #6
MalK

Thank you for your input. Did you also happen to take any commerce 1BO3 or know anyone who did? How did that turn out?
Old 05-03-2012 at 01:02 AM   #7
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

1G06, to me, was essentially an extension of a high school civics course. You'll learn about the different parties in Canada, how they operate, and so on; it's a straightforward course where most people can do well. I had it with Leone (who stepped down from teaching and is now in office, in Cambridge), so I can't speak on Alway's structure of the class, but I imagine the workload is still fairly light.

Tons of people double major in Economics and Political Science. As previously stated, the two compliment each other greatly. If you find that you enjoy 1G06, you could minor in Political Science, as there are many economics-based Political Science courses later (i.e., 2J03).

MalK says thanks to Grover for this post.