MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do when classes are full? Cronkam First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-23-2011 12:02 AM
Question about full year classes Biochem47 Academics 3 07-13-2011 10:43 PM
Are all 1st year classes full? schad17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-12-2010 10:46 AM
ALL econ classes are full? lizziemcg Academics 8 06-23-2010 02:50 AM
full classes? AnnaJanik First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2008 10:39 AM

Is it possible for ALL psychology classes to go FULL? Cuz im debating weather i shoul

Old 08-09-2012 at 01:07 PM   #1
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

Is it possible for ALL psychology classes to go FULL? Cuz im debating weather i shoul
Im debating if i should cause a conflict in my schedule to make sure i get a spot opened in a chemistry lab on a specific day n time, but the thing is i might end up getting an even worse schedule or end up with the same schedule i have right now. So im confused with what to do.

So yeah what are the chances of all psychology 1x03 classes to go FULL and also Bio 1M03 cores
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:08 PM   #2
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

what do you mean cause a conflict? I'm pretty sure solar wont let you apply the changes unless you fix the conflicts!
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:17 PM   #3
lalalola2011

no it says on the policy thing that it will allow confilcts but u should fix it or try to. I want a certain schedule, the one i planned out before hand cuz the one i have right now has early classes and three classes back to back on a friday in the morning (which i dont think ill be able to handle) so if i change my schedule around the way i want to ill have my chem lab on monday conflicting with bio and psych and if i leave it like that im hoping a space would open on tuesday for a chem lab in the afternoon and if not then the department will open up a spot for me....lol hope that makes sense
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:20 PM   #4
AnanC206
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

makes sense, good luck!
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:22 PM   #5
lalalola2011

lol thanks but i dont know if i should take the risk :S
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:24 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I always added everything, then dropped courses after I was 100% sure that my courses worked.
(meaning if, say I wanted to trade psych for chem, I kept both, and dropped psych after I saw that I 100% had chem listed under the courses on SOLAR)

Try to get rid of the courses you're not taking as soon as you can though, because there will be hordes of students trying to get it, and its not really fair to hold onto that spot, keeping it in limbo...

To be 100% sure without waiting for your timetable to be regenerated, use this or the official timetable (checking time overlaps with excel or by hand).
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:34 PM   #7
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola2011 View Post
no it says on the policy thing that it will allow confilcts but u should fix it or try to. I want a certain schedule, the one i planned out before hand cuz the one i have right now has early classes and three classes back to back on a friday in the morning (which i dont think ill be able to handle) so if i change my schedule around the way i want to ill have my chem lab on monday conflicting with bio and psych and if i leave it like that im hoping a space would open on tuesday for a chem lab in the afternoon and if not then the department will open up a spot for me....lol hope that makes sense
Its three classes... its not the end of the world.
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:40 PM   #8
lalalola2011

LOL im not thinking about dropping any course just rescheduling my schedule

and chris everyones different -_______- i cant pay attention for long in classes... but i may be fine with it :$
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:53 PM   #9
Milk.Tea

Liked: 21 Times

I have to say....it probably won't work if you make a conflict...
I did this last year for term 2 chem. I wanted my perfect schedule, so I changed everything up. However, my chem core conflicted with something, wasn't sure which course.
So, I contacted Dr. Landry to fix this, since I heard he was the head of the chem department.
Let me tell you, he was an ass about it. He said "Why do you have a conflict? Solar made a perfect schedule without conflicts" and never got me into the core = =.
However, I kept logging into solar everyday and got into a core that didn't conflict (not the core I hoped for though). So keep logging in. Since it's a lab, it's easier to get in.
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:54 PM   #10
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
and chris everyones different -_______- i cant pay attention for long in classes... but i may be fine with it :$
I thought the same when I was in first year. But lectures are pretty chill. I usually brought a sandwich to eat + a drink in class to keep me awake. If you've got a lab + 2 classes that should be fine too. 2 Labs back-to-back is when you should be slightly worried.
Old 08-09-2012 at 02:58 PM   #11
Chris23
Account Locked

Yes labs are generally 3 hours, so if you are thinking that 3 hours is too much, you might want to reconsider before taking any classes with labs, as they may be too much as well
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:06 PM   #12
lalalola2011

Susi: Oh okay then i guess ill keep it as it is and see during the entire week if any of the six labs which are currently FULL will turn up as available :S but then i would have to also make sure i get into Bio core 2 and psychology core something to make it non-conflicting.

Swiss: Okay thanks! and yeah ive got that too :$

Chris: A 3 hour lab is of ONE subject and ONE task at hand... 3 hours of 3 DIFFERENT subjects is another thing being bombarded by 3 different kinds of new info hitting you at once
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:37 PM   #13
Chris23
Account Locked

Im just saying, you better get used to it, or your university experience might not be that enjoyable. And im sure plenty of people would take 3 lectures over a lab, but i cant ask you that because you have no current experience in that field
Old 08-09-2012 at 03:44 PM   #14
lalalola2011

True and lol im a little late now....i guess its gonna stay as it is, cuz the psych section i wanted for monday are now ALL full :( my incisiveness always leads to failure ><
Old 08-09-2012 at 04:01 PM   #15
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
LOL im not thinking about dropping any course just rescheduling my schedule

You'd better learn. You're not going to get a perfect schedule. Ever. Try being forced into 6-7 hours straight. You also haven't even started university yet, you have no idea what it would be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk.Tea View Post
I have to say....it probably won't work if you make a conflict...
I did this last year for term 2 chem. I wanted my perfect schedule, so I changed everything up. However, my chem core conflicted with something, wasn't sure which course.
So, I contacted Dr. Landry to fix this, since I heard he was the head of the chem department.
Let me tell you, he was an ass about it. He said "Why do you have a conflict? Solar made a perfect schedule without conflicts" and never got me into the core = =.
However, I kept logging into solar everyday and got into a core that didn't conflict (not the core I hoped for though). So keep logging in. Since it's a lab, it's easier to get in.
Landry isn't the head of the chem department, nor is he an ass. He just doesn't take BS. Why should you get your perfect schedule when you were given a conflict-free one and others weren't so lucky? They should get priority.

Anyways, I had this issue where I literally was unable to take a course because the only lab sections available were 8:30am, and I had mandatory classes every single day at 8:30am. They couldn't open up a spot for me in one of the afternoon labs, because they were all legitimately full. I guarantee you some of the people in those labs were just doing that so they wouldn't have to wake up early, meanwhile this meant I had to drop the course.