MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Are all 1st year classes full? schad17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-12-2010 10:46 AM
Getting into a Full Econ course? aviaf Academics 4 06-25-2009 09:46 PM
3rd Year Econ Classes - Need Some Advice :) PTGregD Academics 0 06-23-2009 12:15 AM
full classes? AnnaJanik First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2008 10:39 AM

ALL econ classes are full?

Old 06-17-2010 at 12:03 PM   #1
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

ALL econ classes are full?
I think I can say with confidence that quite a few stduents here at Mac are having issues with full courses, in addition to troubles with Mugsi and Solar. I don't mean to whine, but I'll be in Commerce II in September, and my issue is that, after waiting up until 12am on June 16th, and then proceeding to add my courses, ALL of the possible econ classes I could take as electives were filled up. I am only allowed one elective, and want to at least minor in economics. All of them except for 2B03 (some course about economic data analysis, essentially a math course) were all full, even the 3rd year courses I could possibly take with Econ 2X03 as a prereq (I got into 2X03 because it is required). I know the course is pretty much available to anyone, but do they not reserve seats for students by faculty or year? And I don't want to bother any profs so early on.. Has anyone had this similar issue, perhaps in previous years and can offer some helpful advice?

Any help is appreciated, thanks
Old 06-17-2010 at 12:06 PM   #2
Phillykae

Liked: 0 Times

try calling the commerce academic advisor. If it is mandatory for your program, they will open a seat for you. They might tell you to wait until the end of the week first.
Old 06-17-2010 at 12:28 PM   #3
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

Honestly, like 95% of all courses are full for some reason. That's so retarded.

lizziemcg likes this.
Old 06-17-2010 at 12:51 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

a) They've ALL been full for almost 3 days before you even got to pick your classes.

b) You have one elective to worry about. Imagine how those who have 15 units worth to fill up are feeling.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:06 PM   #5
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

yes i know exactly what you mean!!! i want to take econ 2g03, 2h03, and 2i03 but they've been full since the first day i got to pick, which was the 14th!!! which makes no sense!!!! ugghhhh :(
Old 06-17-2010 at 01:16 PM   #6
Inferno

Liked: 24 Times

Econ 2G03 was open the other day - I managed to snag the last spot lol.
My advice would be is to just keep on checking SOLAR.

lizziemcg says thanks to Inferno for this post.
Old 06-19-2010 at 07:50 PM   #7
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

Yes, I agree with everyone here.. I'm not trying to say that it's great all of the courses seem to be full, but I'm glad to know it's not just me and that something could be up.
Old 06-19-2010 at 08:48 PM   #8
yum24

Liked: 0 Times

you guys can go on the econ website and click on the link at the bottom of the homepage named space form. you can fill it out and the next available space is your's if someone else doesn't steal it once it becomes available on solar.

lizziemcg says thanks to yum24 for this post.
Old 06-23-2010 at 02:50 AM   #9
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

You can't take 2B03 just to let you know. It's the same course/antirequisite with Comm 2QA3.
And go to the Econ department, tell them about your situation, fill out a form... And you'll be placed on waiting list..
That's how I got into 2H03 last year...
When I went to class.. it wasn't even full :/