MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to be productive on the breaks you have between classes cjordan The Secret Files 39 10-06-2010 05:52 PM
Classes Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-08-2010 07:19 PM
How likely is it that we'll get into the classes we want? ShesTheMan Academics 17 08-10-2010 11:28 PM
first day of classes luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-08-2010 08:58 AM
Too many day classes? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-31-2010 06:10 PM

First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks?

Old 08-21-2010 at 06:56 PM   #1
memyselfandi

Liked: 0 Times

First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks?
Ya...how do you pass the time?
Old 08-21-2010 at 06:59 PM   #2
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

you can work on other course material ex. if you have readings to catch up on, you could do that.
You could also use it as your snack break or just chill time with friends. if you live on res/depending on how close your res is...you could get a quick nap.
Old 08-21-2010 at 06:59 PM   #3
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Go back to my res/house.
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:00 PM   #4
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Well if you are talking about the first day, why not roam around campus so you get comfortable with it?
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:05 PM   #5
memyselfandi

I'm living off campus. Ya I guess I could walk around and get used to the campus
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:10 PM   #6
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

whoops didnt see that you were talking about the first day.
well there will be a sidewalk sale so you could check that out
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:36 PM   #7
soberoi

i just walked around campus or hung out with friends that i already knew/met during frosh week
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:37 PM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Find a spot in the student center or libraries and read MacInsiders.com of course!

We'll be posting everything you can do to keep you occupied. And if none of that interests you, you can always pass time in the MacInsiders Arcade.
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:12 PM   #9
killza

Liked: 105 Times

I always just took a power nap in the student center second floor, trust me, you have no idea how much it refreshes you

KuNFuZeD, Mz.Morra13 like this.
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:16 PM   #10
Jaff24

Liked: 11 Times

How hard was it for you guys to figure out where the buildings were. I mean I know where Mills, the student center, and Hamilton Hall are, but some buildings just confused me. Like Togo Salomon or something like that, is it a wing or a building, are there classes in it? :s
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:20 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaff24 View Post
How hard was it for you guys to figure out where the buildings were. I mean I know where Mills, the student center, and Hamilton Hall are, but some buildings just confused me. Like Togo Salomon or something like that, is it a wing or a building, are there classes in it? :s
You can pick up a physical map at compass. You can also view it online here: http://www.physics.mcmaster. ca/images/macmap.jpg

Edit: The campus is really small and it's not hard to find buildings. Class on the other hand are sometimes hard to find. Some are like hidden. But most first year classrooms have directions to them inside the building.
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:37 PM   #12
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaff24 View Post
Togo Salmon Hall (TSH) is a building in the arts quad, connected to the student centre, CNH (chester new hall) and KTH (kenneth taylor hall) by the basements...but above the basements, they're all separate buildings. Yes, there are classes in there.
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:42 PM   #13
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Togo Salmon Hall (TSH) is a building in the arts quad, connected to the student centre, CNH (chester new hall) and KTH (kenneth taylor hall) by the basements...but above the basements, they're all separate buildings. Yes, there are classes in there.
ooo they are all connected in the basement? that should be convenient
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:47 PM   #14
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
ooo they are all connected in the basement? that should be convenient
yes! especially in winter/rainy weather. It can be very confusing though, despite the bajillion signs directing you places. It definitely took me a while to figure everything out down there, especially since there's more than one way of getting places. For months, I was taking a super-roundabout route to where I had my Kin test on Friday...and then I finally realized there was a much much faster way to get there So if you know where you're going, it's convenient...otherwis e, not so much
Old 08-21-2010 at 09:30 PM   #15
memyselfandi

haha Chad that is an awesome arcade cooooool
and I am gonna be so lost...but oh well its first day of classes what can you expect..