MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Questions about breaks at work TMBGiants Volunteering Opportunities 9 06-09-2010 05:35 PM
Breaks & Holidays? Logic General Discussion 8 09-08-2008 05:51 AM
Are you allowed to leave campus during your breaks? Arnold General Discussion 2 09-04-2008 12:21 AM

How to be productive on the breaks you have between classes

How to be productive on the breaks you have between classes

So you may be thinking… I have breaks between my classes. I don’t want to go back to my room (or if you’re a commuter or live off campus – it makes no sense to go home). So you ask yourself, what am I supposed to do during my break that is productive? Well, here are a couple of options that can solve that problem:

1. Go to one of the 4 libraries on campus (Mills, Innis, Thode & Health Sciences)
• Work on assignments and essays, catch up on readings or get ahead on readings

2. Lyons New Media Centre (4th floor of Mills Library) – a not so productive option, but definitely fun!
• The gaming & media theatre houses three bookable console gaming stations. Each station comprises of a large flat screen tv as well as three gaming consoles: Playstation 3, Wii and Xbox.

• Games and controllers may be borrowed from the Lyons New Media Centre help desk for use at these stations. Three PC stations are also available for PC-gamers. The gaming stations can be booked for a maximum of 2 hours/day.

3. Go to the student centre
• There’s usually something going on in there, or you can just relax and socialize with friends

4. Get something to eat!
• Mary Keyes, Bridges, Centro @ Commons, La Piazza, Teriyaki Experience or Tim Hortons

5. Go to the gym

• Go for a swim, use the equipment, shoot some hoops, etc)

6. Sit outside and enjoy the scenery
• We are lucky to have a very beautiful campus. Take the time to really explore it!

As you can see, there are a lot of options available to you. Of course this list is not final, as there are always tons of things happening on campus for you to get involved in. So, don’t waste your breaks – use these options to make them as productive as possible!

Rakim likes this.
Published by
Communications Intern

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-05-2010 at 07:46 PM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
I like to sit and stare and let my mind go blank. That is very productive, it allows me to use that new found space to store more useless junk.

Old 10-05-2010 at 08:13 PM   #3
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times
Problem with libraries: by about 10:30 am, they're packed.

AelyaS likes this.

Old 10-05-2010 at 08:13 PM   #4
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times
Quote:
2. Lyons New Media Centre (4th floor of Mills Library) – a not so productive option, but definitely fun!
• The gaming & media theatre houses three bookable console gaming stations. Each station comprises of a large flat screen tv as well as three gaming consoles: Playstation 3, Wii and Xbox.

• Games and controllers may be borrowed from the Lyons New Media Centre help desk for use at these stations. Three PC stations are also available for PC-gamers. The gaming stations can be booked for a maximum of 2 hours/day.
THat ^ , is quiet interesting. Not much of a gamer but deff worth a check out.

Old 10-05-2010 at 08:17 PM   #5
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times
I personally love Thode, its the only library I get stuff done in =)

Old 10-05-2010 at 08:26 PM   #6
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post
I personally love Thode, its the only library I get stuff done in =)
I like my bedroom, surrounding my self with distracting things gives me more of a challenge. A library is too easy.

Old 10-05-2010 at 08:28 PM   #7
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Speaking of libraries, I heard the massive construction behind JHE is going to be one. Anyone know for sure what it is?

Old 10-05-2010 at 08:50 PM   #8
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Speaking of libraries, I heard the massive construction behind JHE is going to be one. Anyone know for sure what it is?
It would be much wiser if they just made a huge addition to Mills or create a seperate library in that vicinity. Maybe by Divinity College? THat place seems useless to me.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:03 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
It would be much wiser if they just made a huge addition to Mills or create a seperate library in that vicinity. Maybe by Divinity College? THat place seems useless to me.
I wonder w what its like in there? I'm kinda scared to go look around, I got kicked out of the 3rd floor of Thode because iSci owns it now apparently.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:11 PM   #10
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I wonder w what its like in there? I'm kinda scared to go look around, I got kicked out of the 3rd floor of Thode because iSci owns it now apparently.
Wth, how can an unheard program kick you out.Its almost like if you go to sit somewhere and someone stops you to tell you an invisible person is there. <-- just got owned by nothing.

resh.jyoti likes this.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:13 PM   #11
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times
My breaks go mainly into hacking my psp.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:14 PM   #12
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
My breaks go mainly into hacking my psp.
Or you could just sleep on a couch in the Health Sci Library

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:15 PM   #13
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Or you could just sleep on a couch in the Health Sci Library
Nah, the bed in my res room is way comfier. I got a bed extension since I'm 6'6" so I get a super long and ultra comfy matress while everyone else sleeps on bricks.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:15 PM   #14
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times
My breaks go to napping, eating, and browswing da interwebs.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:17 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
So is this a things to do on breaks article or a how to be productive on breaks article?

'Cause if it's the latter, then we def have diff definitions of productive.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Article Tools