MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Questions about breaks at work TMBGiants Volunteering Opportunities 9 06-09-2010 05:35 PM
Breaks & Holidays? Logic General Discussion 8 09-08-2008 05:51 AM
Are you allowed to leave campus during your breaks? Arnold General Discussion 2 09-04-2008 12:21 AM

How to be productive on the breaks you have between classes

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:19 PM   #15
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
So is this a things to do on breaks article or a how to be productive on breaks article?

'Cause if it's the latter, then we def have diff definitions of productive.
It seemed to be more of things to do. I do agree with you that many of the OP's list items aren't exactly productive.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:23 PM   #16
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
It seemed to be more of things to do. I do agree with you that many of the OP's list items aren't exactly productive.
Well if were talking productivity here, we all have different def. As long as I do something that benefirst me in 1 way or another on my break then I consider that productive.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:29 PM   #17
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Well if were talking productivity here, we all have different def. As long as I do something that benefirst me in 1 way or another on my break then I consider that productive.
No, but productive when talking about school, especially on a forum designed to help students, generally means a pretty specific thing.

Title is misleading, that's all.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:34 PM   #18
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Speaking of libraries, I heard the massive construction behind JHE is going to be one. Anyone know for sure what it is?
Pretty sure it aint a library. I think its an annex of sorts for the nuclear reactor.

On-topic:
Going to the library and trying to concentrate is impossible for me (too noisy and wireless sucks). Thankfully there's ITB. Got some good tips though. Also didn't know about the borrow PC games. Maybe I will check that out.

Last edited by AnguishedEnd : 10-05-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:38 PM   #19
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
Pretty sure it aint a library. I think its an annex of sorts for the nuclear reactor.

Going to the library and trying to concentrate is impossible for me (too noisy and wireless sucks). Thankfully there's ITB.
Lab access is pretty clutch, aside from the fact that you can only access McMaster webpages. That's a bummer. Guess it keeps you focused, but...

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:42 PM   #20
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Lab access is pretty clutch, aside from the fact that you can only access McMaster webpages. That's a bummer. Guess it keeps you focused, but...
Only McMaster webpages?? Which room is restricted to the mcmaster domain?

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:47 PM   #21
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
I never get anything productive done at school, except maybe work.

Eating? Enjoying the scenery? Video games? Are you serious?

Old 10-05-2010 at 09:49 PM   #22
eullwm
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
Only McMaster webpages?? Which room is restricted to the mcmaster domain?
154, and I believe A113 & A114. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but they were the 2CI5/2EI5 and 2DI4 rooms. The ones near that god-awful narrow hallway as the Annex begins.

Old 10-05-2010 at 10:04 PM   #23
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Quote:
154, and I believe A113 & A114. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but they were the 2CI5/2EI5 and 2DI4 rooms. The ones near that god-awful narrow hallway as the Annex begins.
Oh ok. I've never been in those labs myself so didn't know. Try to get access to second floor labs? As far as I know all the labs have unrestricted access. I'm not sure if ECE students have their own place but the DocuCenter in JHE should know.

Old 10-05-2010 at 10:08 PM   #24
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Quote:
You're talking about the ITB labs for electrical? I always had unrestricted access... then again I carry around a firefox install file on my USB, LOL

Old 10-05-2010 at 11:50 PM   #25
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times
Quote:
2. Lyons New Media Centre (4th floor of Mills Library) – a not so productive option, but definitely fun!
• The gaming & media theatre houses three bookable console gaming stations. Each station comprises of a large flat screen tv as well as three gaming consoles: Playstation 3, Wii and Xbox.

• Games and controllers may be borrowed from the Lyons New Media Centre help desk for use at these stations. Three PC stations are also available for PC-gamers. The gaming stations can be booked for a maximum of 2 hours/day.
are u ceereeous... i did not know this

Old 10-05-2010 at 11:53 PM   #26
eullwm
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
You're talking about the ITB labs for electrical? I always had unrestricted access... then again I carry around a firefox install file on my USB, LOL
Anytime I've tried--granted, it's with IE-- it's denied me and only allowed me to access anything with mcmaster.ca. Damn you for being clever.

Old 10-06-2010 at 12:12 AM   #27
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Wth, how can an unheard program kick you out.Its almost like if you go to sit somewhere and someone stops you to tell you an invisible person is there. <-- just got owned by nothing.
LOL, iSci is new, actually. Started last year.
And yeah, for some reason, those lucky bastards get the 3rd floor to themselves.
I wanted to go up there with my best friend (who is in iSci) -- no chance, lmao. -__-

Old 10-06-2010 at 01:08 AM   #28
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times
Rainy day breaks are the worst because there is virtually nowhere to sit.
You could easily waste 30-40 minutes looking for a place to sit.

Old 10-06-2010 at 02:11 AM   #29
eullwm
Elite Member

There should totally be an MI nerd thing at Lyons one day. Just saying. Entropy and I have been playing to go there and play Brawl (providing they have it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
LOL, iSci is new, actually. Started last year.
And yeah, for some reason, those lucky bastards get the 3rd floor to themselves.
I wanted to go up there with my best friend (who is in iSci) -- no chance, lmao. -__-
The hell is iSci? It sounds like another ego jerk-off akin to Arts & Sci or HealthSci where they have to highlight how few people are in the program to make it seem more desirable.

Article Tools