MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALL econ classes are full? lizziemcg Academics 8 06-23-2010 02:50 AM
ECON 2X03 vs. ECON 2G03 John H General Discussion 20 10-12-2009 10:07 PM
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM
ECON 2G03 vs ECON 2X03 dreamcrisis Academics 1 06-16-2008 04:45 PM

Getting into a Full Econ course?

Old 06-25-2009 at 11:14 AM   #1
aviaf
Richard Cioci

Liked: 50 Times

Getting into a Full Econ course?
So of course last night, my desired 3 electives were all full. Stats 2B03 is not a problem because I can email them and they should let me in since it's a requirement for my degree, if not oh well.

But Econ is a different story. I'm trying to work towards a minor in Econ and I wanted to take 2G03 and 2H03 which are pretty much the majority of prerequisites needed for Higher level economics, and without them I can't do much.

Who should I email to try and convince to let me in? the professor of each course? or someone else?

Also, what do you think the chances are if I explain that almost every econ course is full, I'd like to do my minor in Econ, and these two courses are pretty much mandatory if I want to continue in upper year econ.

Thanks

P.S. Who do I email for the Stats 2B03 course, the prof?
Old 06-25-2009 at 11:15 AM   #2
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Fill one of these forms out for Econ classes:

http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/econ/form...grad/space.htm
Old 06-25-2009 at 01:24 PM   #3
MelissaL

Liked: 1 Time

If you are in second year, there is basically no hope of getting into Stats 2B03.
They are saving the spots for third years - i've called and emailed them
Old 06-25-2009 at 09:41 PM   #4
aviaf
Richard Cioci

Liked: 50 Times

Thanks, I filled out the form for the econ courses.

and I emailed the stats prof just in case since the faculty itself cares less and can be less sympathetic than a prof, sometimes..... (although sometimes its not up to the prof) oh well, ill see
Old 06-25-2009 at 09:46 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah, I contacted the prof, but he can't do anything. He redirected the e-mail to the undergraduate people in the math department. :(