Grade posting? neila.b Academics 4 12-22-2010 09:21 PM
Posting an ad on Kijiji lawleypop General Discussion 7 09-01-2009 07:27 PM

Posting ads on campus?

Old 03-02-2012 at 04:56 PM   #1
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Posting ads on campus?
Hey MI,

My housemates and I are still looking to fill a room in our house, and we're running out of online options. We figured we'd post paper ads around campus (with the little pull-tabs), but I feel like it's against some rule.

So, does anyone know the restrictions on posting things like this? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2012 at 05:07 PM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

You have to get them approved by the MSU, otherwise the poster monkeys will take them down. You take your ads to the Underground and they'll stamp them for you with th MSU approval stamp, but you have to pay 10 cents per ad after they stamp the first 10. I just did this last week.
Old 03-02-2012 at 05:15 PM   #3
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Sweet. A couple more things:

- Do they have to be printed there?
- Is there a limit on the number stamped?
- Do the posters have to be on the corkboards/display cases?
- Is there a restriction on the size? I mean, can it be larger than an 8.5x11?
Old 03-02-2012 at 06:16 PM   #4
lux

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
You have to get them approved by the MSU, otherwise the poster monkeys will take them down. You take your ads to the Underground and they'll stamp them for you with th MSU approval stamp, but you have to pay 10 cents per ad after they stamp the first 10. I just did this last week.
Hehe, i'm picturing monkeys running around campus ripping posters down in a monkey-like fashion.

anyways, i'm having the same problem, there's simply no one who replies to the ads that i post on MI..
Old 03-02-2012 at 07:16 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
POSTING GUIDELINES (TAKEN FROM MSU OPERATING POLICY 2 - PROMOTIONS & ADVERTISING)
  • Posters must be approved by the Underground Media & Design Centre.
  • Posters may only be placed on Bulletin Boards, not on walls.
  • No more than one poster may be placed on a board per event.
  • The only exception to this rule is the large board outside Titles, which has a limit of three.
  • Posters may not cover other posters.
  • If the board is full, you may not cover older posters.
  • You may remove expired posters to make room.
  • The maximum size for posters is 11"x17".
  • Posters may be in any language, but must feature an English translation of all information.
  • Posters must feature the name and contact information of the submitter or organizing group.
  • Maximum of 100 posters per event.
  • Posters may not be posted more than two weeks before the event they advertise.
  • This may be the date of the event, or the date of ticket sales.
For more information, contact Erika D'Urbano
E-Mail: [email protected]

source: http://www.msumcmaster.ca/postermonk...guidelines.htm