Dota League Lightswarm Gaming 1 11-10-2009 01:23 PM
GDG Invite League Open Infester Gaming 0 01-15-2009 04:13 PM

Premier League 09/10

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:22 AM   #16
camais

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
lol why is it that alot of people think Liverpool are ever going to win the title anytime soon? They just don't have it in them, far too dependant on Gerrard and Torres. Plus Alonso just got sold today, T & G might be the ones in the headlines but in my opinion Alonso was most probably their most important player. Because Gerrard moved to a CF position they needed Creativity from the back, since their wingers are obviously pretty average. Now that he is gone they will have an unmotivaed and unhappy Masch and another random DM. But that DM won't have the Passing abilities of Alonso, who is a pretty unique player!

Plus the Fat Spanish Waiter is rubbish.
i know but something in my blood keeps me from putting chelsea or manu up there :p

Eduardo/bendtner
Arshavin/vela v.Persie/walcott

rosicky/nasri fabregas/diaby/ramsey
song/denilson

clichy/gibbs gallas/djourou vermaelen/silvestre sagna/eboué
almunia/fabianski

this is how weve been lining up all preseason. if this sticks, it means we dont look bad upfront
eduardo is not injury prone, 1 long term injury doesn't prove that. bendtner has been playing well so far he is still young but learning. nasri is injured but will be back in 6 weeks, rosicky only needs to stay fit atleast until then so theres hope there still :p. I believe arsene will keep eboue for his versatility

our attacking options are fine, its our defensive options that worry me. song doesnt have the stamina for the entire season and he may be off to ACN. denilson isnt good enough as a dm. one injury to either of our centrebacks and were screwed... then again, not much different from last season other than the formation.

other than that everything is just peachy

Quote:
p.s: I'm totally Jealous of Wilshere, WOW!

Quote:
But Macheda will be pretty good in a few years I think!
:(
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:52 AM   #17
astudent

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Anyone keeping tabs on the new PL season coming up on the 16th?

Also, my Top 6 predictions:
1) Liverpool. Man United losing C. Ronaldo will affect them. All Liverpool needs to do is perform the same way as they did last season, and they should be able their first PL title, most likely on the last day of the season.
2) Man Utd. Now, it's widely understood that Sir Alex is a genius, and he will most likely get a Ronaldo-less team going quite nicely. But replacing Ronaldo's goal scoring attributes will be tough to do, and it will take time. I could see them win the next year, but not this year.
3) Chelsea. They'll finish 3rd because their back four isn't very convincing IMO. Please sell Terry and buy someone better!!!!
4) Arsenal. The youngsters just won't be able to move up if they can't get solid buys for a central midfielder and a tall striker to replace Adebayor. (People should just call it the Top Three from now on.)
5) Man City. Simply because they just bought everyone. Look for high-scoring games because they don't have much of a back four, and an outsider needs a solid back four to reach the Top Four, so they'll be fifth.
6) Everton. It's widely debated with my friends on this one, as they think Tottenham would finish sixth. But I got a man-crush on Tim Cahill, so they get my pick for sixth.

in spite of all the promise this season, I just can't see liverpool taking it man. i guess not winning the league for so long's left them not knowing how to kill off or clinch a league. (not sure whether i'm articulating my thoughts properly)

and as much as I hate anything blue I'd have to say that chleski has a pretty good shot and man city as well (every cash inflated club has a couple of good seasons)

man utd.: (i'll try and be unbiased) .I think united's in a bit of a transitionary period at the moment. not as dire as the season's after becks left but still transitionary nonetheless. I don't see united being the all-conquering beasts they've been for the past few seasons but I can still see united putting in a fair fight. not solid but a GOOD defence. same with the midfield -- much to be desired from anderson and nani and giggs and scholes are ,, well,, OLD...and i think a lot of us have forgot tosic he seemed pretty good too..also hargreaves would also be able to hold it down..if he comes back and finds form. finishing 2nd would be a fair and perhaps good result for united.

Arsenal: i'm just not sure what's going on with this club. i just think they're unpredictable with all the youth in there.. no comments.

Everton: Very solid team and i can definitely see them giving arsenal a run for their spot

FINALLY, My predictions:
1)Chealsea
2)United
3)Man C.
4)Liverpool
5)Everton
6)ARSEnal

Last edited by astudent : 08-05-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-05-2009 at 11:55 AM   #18
astudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Look at how many times he mentions "can play behind the striker". The Diamond is just a test formation dependant on the fitness and form of a number of players, if it fails to get results Ancelotti will have no choice but to go back to his 4-3-2-1 or else face the axe like Scholari who didn't have much of a plan B
and with a 4321 drogba can easily play off anelka to the left..or vice versa..i think i've seen both playing on the left before
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:00 PM   #19
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by astudent View Post
and with a 4321 drogba can easily play off anelka to the left..or vice versa..i think i've seen both playing on the left before
And that's where the ego fight I stated earlier can start. As in who will get that lone striker position in front, and who is "relegated" to play wide or behind the striker.

And someone stated earlier about how Ancelotti will do 4-4-2. I highly doubt it since he's got plenty of midfielders to keep happy. Never mind Lampard who's a lock in their formation, but Mr. Adidas (Ballack), Essien, Deco, Joe Cole, etc etc.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:02 PM   #20
astudent

Quote:
And that's where the ego fight I stated earlier can start. As in who will get that lone striker position in front, and who is "relegated" to play wide or behind the striker.

And I highly doubt Ancelotti will do the 4-4-2 since he's got plenty of midfielders to keep happy. Never mind Lampard who's a lock in their formation, but Mr. Adidas (Ballack), Essien, Deco, Joe Cole, etc etc.
Can you think of any italian team that plays 442?
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:20 PM   #21
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
Can you think of any italian team that plays 442?
Roma, when they beat Chelsea 3-1 in CL play.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:22 PM   #22
_Luu_
Elite Member

huzaifa47, you will not like this news at all.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:23 PM   #23
astudent

Quote:
Roma, when they beat Chelsea 3-1 in CL play.
yeah. but i don't think there's any italian team that's regularly played 442 and i can't think of anceletti playing 442 either. so if he does play 442 i think it might as well be a risk for him
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:25 PM   #24
astudent

Quote:
WTF..how does he get injured saving a penalty?!!? any videos?
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:27 PM   #25
_Luu_
Elite Member

Quote:
yeah. but i don't think there's any italian team that's regularly played 442 and i can't think of anceletti playing 442 either. so if he does play 442 i think it might as well be a risk for him
Yeah I agree with you on that. It's just that the earlier poster said Ancelotti was going to do the 442 with a diamond, so technically that's not a real 442, more like a 4-1-2-1-2.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:28 PM   #26
astudent

Quote:
Yeah I agree with you on that. It's just that the earlier poster said Ancelotti was going to do the 442 with a diamond, so technically that's not a real 442.
that's kinda like a 433 if you look at it.
Old 08-05-2009 at 12:42 PM   #27
astudent

found the video for that penalty. if anyone's interested: http://www.101greatgoals.com /videodisplay/3080273/
Old 08-09-2009 at 11:42 AM   #28
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Excellent way to kick off the season today boys. Despite the friendly nature of the match, both teams gave it their all. Which one of you counted Chelsea out again? What formation did Chelsea play today? So much for the diamond being "experimental" I suppose...

Blue is the colour, football is the game...
Old 08-09-2009 at 11:57 AM   #29
astudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
Excellent way to kick off the season today boys. Despite the friendly nature of the match...

didn't think it was that friendly when chelski totally disregarded the fact that there was a man (who had been blatantly body-checked by the cnut) down and went onto score against the outnumbered defense.

camais says thanks to astudent for this post.
Old 08-09-2009 at 12:51 PM   #30
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Yeah, it was poor decision making by United not to play the whistle. The ref can't see everything (Ferdinand decapitation of Joe Cole in CL Final? Lampard red card against Liverpool? 6 penalty claims against Barca in CL semis?). Back to the basics boys, ALWAYS play the whistle. Do you really think that if Ashley Cole was down in the United end, Rooney would play the ball out in prime counterattacking position? I think not!

Perhaps the foul on Evra also explains his brutal attack on Ballack's knees a few minutes later or perhaps his world class penalty later on.

Last edited by Carefree : 08-09-2009 at 01:42 PM.

camais likes this.