MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To fail, or not to fail? That is the question... sniderj Academics 13 04-22-2010 06:09 PM
Am I gonna get kicked out II yoyoman Academics 4 05-31-2009 12:52 PM
Whois gonna win? Obama or Mccain? Ken Torry Politics 3 10-21-2008 04:24 PM
Need some PRETTY urgent help... Logic Academics 6 09-14-2008 09:38 AM
When Am i gonna know??? ishk33 Residence & Housing 4 07-01-2008 09:08 PM

Pretty sure I'm gonna fail a course.

Old 12-16-2011 at 01:00 PM   #1
Rigoroso

Liked: 0 Times

Pretty sure I'm gonna fail a course.
I'm in second year, and there's this course I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail. It was one of the non elective courses for my program, but it doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for any of the courses in 3rd year, if I fail it, what do I do?
Old 12-16-2011 at 01:17 PM   #2
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

If it's not a prerequisite for any of your 3rd year courses, then it won't prevent you from taking your 3rd year courses.

You'll have to retake the course again, if it's one of the courses required for your degree. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with your future schedule.
Old 12-16-2011 at 01:19 PM   #3
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Is this 2GA3 you're talking about? I recognize your name from the 2IO3 tutorial.

I think what will happen is you'll just have to retake it later on. You could see if it's offered in the summer maybe? If not, then you can either attempt to overload next year or fourth year to get it done (assuming there's no 4th year course that requires it, not sure off the top of my head). Or if that doesn't work, you could take an extra semester after fourth year and finish it up then, and just graduate slightly later than planned.
Old 12-16-2011 at 01:25 PM   #4
Rigoroso

Yeah its 2GA3 D:, thanks for the suggestions. How'd you guess 2ga3 though? Has this thing been hitting everyone as hard as its been hitting me?
Old 12-16-2011 at 03:35 PM   #5
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

I guess you weren't there the day he told us, but the prof said that the average on the midterm was in the mid 40s (like a 46 or something), hence why he had to bump everyone up with free marks. So if the class average on the midterm is in the 40s then yes, I'd say the course is hitting everyone hard. I did well on it but I'm still worried about the final.

That's another clue I had, the fact that you're asking about this right before the 2GA3 exam .
Old 12-16-2011 at 11:07 PM   #6
%karol

COMP SCI 2GA3...............go nna die on this exam
Old 12-17-2011 at 08:00 AM   #7
Rigoroso

At least it doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for anything next term, 3rd year, or 4th year, so it shouldn't screw up advancing to the next level .